Sign in to follow this  
pitchblack

SF2 Vietnam, cannot fire Radar Missile with non-stock planes

Sorry if this has been reported and I could not find the answer ( i did search and look at the KB).

I've added the Mirage Factory F-15A and Mig-29 packages (both of which are excellent!) and also Killerbees SF2 weapons back (also quite excellent).

however, while I can lock up target on Radar in the F-15 and/or Mig-29, but I cannot fire a Radar Missiles (either SARH or ARH).

I do NOT get the yellow diamond lockon indicator, but my hud/radar does show a lock.

It does work for any F-4/AIM-7 combo, but does not work for anything else (I've tried Mig-29 with R-27 and R-77, and F-15A with AIM-7F and M).

Is there something I need to do to get the yellow lock on diamond and have the Radar missiles fire.

Any new heaters (R-73, AIM-9M) fire great.

thanks

Brian

Its a known bug. Broke avionics70.dll Tk is aware of it.

Its a known bug. Broke avionics70.dll Tk is aware of it.

ok, thanks for the super fast response.

thanks again for Combat Ace best site on the internet !

Even though that is broke, I kind of do not miss it. Forces me to merge and it also reminds me of a ROE where you have to ID your target before you fire. Like it was in Vietnam. I do want it fixed though. Still like to toss AIM-120's at planes in extreme BVR range.

Even though that is broke, I kind of do not miss it. Forces me to merge and it also reminds me of a ROE where you have to ID your target before you fire. Like it was in Vietnam. I do want it fixed though. Still like to toos AIM-120's at planes in extreme BVR range.

that's quite true. my heart rate goes up post merge. The MF Mig-29 is great in a phonebooth, but I still seem to lose SA and end up getting nailed by a heater..