Sign in to follow this  
Baywing

Wingman Commands

I understand the 4 basic commands, A-Attack, H-Help Me, R-Rejoin and S-Split but would like some help understanding better how they work, especially when I have multiple wingmen. For example, lets say I'm the flight leader and have 4 wingmen, wings 1,2,3 and 4. If I hit R they should all form up on me. If I hit S then 2 or 3 split off, wing 1 and maybe wing 2 stay with me. If I hit H, do they all come back or only wing 1? If I want the section I split off with S to attack, is that possible and if so, how? I guess I'd like to know how multiple commands or a command string would play out.

I can only speak from what I observed - not totally sure, if that IS so.

Let's say, you have three wings, 1 - 3. When you order attack once, No. 2 and 3 will go for it.

Wing 1 should stay with you. (Now, I'm not sure, if he will also join, when you press "A" again.)

That's why I always press "A" first, and then "H". That way I make sure, wing1 will stay with me.

But that also includes, that he will now possibly attack the same target as I do.

As long as I don't want a certain plane to be attacked, I often don't press "A" at all. I press "R" before

I enter a fight, and they defend themselves. Only wing1 will follow me "blind". And he saved my bum

quite often. But when you operate that way, you must fight for your wingmen too. If you can, pepper

all opponents enough, that they have some problems with their crates. Also, watch out for someone

getting chased and attacked. Help him, if you any can.

So, my advice, if you want to use "A": don't mark a target and press "A" (now No.2 and 3 should go;

and they would attack the nearest target, I suppose).

If you should see your wing1 also goes, press "H" - he'll come back then.

And if you want all to attack, press "A" several times (if then wing1 would still not go, he is determined

to protect you, which would be great, I think).

Thanks Olham. I guess I'll have to try some different things but sounds like there's a lot of room for error.