Has anyone done much of this in Vista? I just got SF2: Vietnam. I am not at all experienced in modding. I have tried to use the instructions in the knowledge base, but some things don't match up, such as file locations. I'm trying to add aircraft,specifically the MiG-21 package, but I can't find the main ini. files that I'm supposed to change. When I open the aircraft folders, there is a configuration settings folder, but there is no main ini. in there. There are aircraftdatafile, loadoutfile, and userlist ini.'s, but I don't which to change or how exactly to change them to get them to work. Also, I tried to add the newest F-102 mod, but I can't find the objects/weapons directory that is necessary to make it work properly. Can anyone give me some help?

Ok I got the MiG-21 pack to work by deleting the MiG files that came with the game and pasting in the ones from the pack, but now the MiG-21s have no skins.

Moved to the proper Forum. And...

PLEASE do not post in the Knowledge Base!!! All the usual questions go here, in the regular forums.

thank you!

wrench

kevin stein

Ok I got the MiG-21 pack to work by deleting the MiG files that came with the game and pasting in the ones from the pack, but now the MiG-21s have no skins.

You didn't need to delete anything tbh - the skin for an aircraft will be in a subfolder of the actual aircraft itself so check its there - at least i think it is - have'nt had time to install sf2/sf3v yet :)

The knowledge base is mainly written for the first generation of games - SF2 and SF2:V have completely different file structures to the previous games but they are still essentially the same game - just search on a few old threads and you will see where you need to put things in the new games.

AND...

there's a seperate SF2 and SF2:V forum there as well...

wrench

kevin stein