Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Turkey Shoot?

I've often puzzled over this possible scenario. It seems to be the same as Dogfight.

The difference is, I think, that new opponents will get spawned. Maybe you can even choose

how many and how often?

Edited by Olham

I dont think ive even noticed that drop down....will have to check it out...

I've often puzzled over this possible scenario. It seems to be the same as Dogfight.

In Dog Fight enemy is flying towards you.. or away from you but 'far' away

In Turkey Shoot he is always flying away from you and quite close and you are on his 6.

If you are fast you can simply open fire - but be aware he reacts immediately and will veer away as soon as the game starts - speed and quick action is essential - have your trackir pre centered etc and you will be able to do some turkey shooting.....

WM

In Turkey Shoot he is always flying away from you and quite close and you are on his 6.

Phooey :sad: . I was hoping it worked like this:

You spawn at about 200' over your field. Turkeys spawn at about 500' in random locations over the whole area of the field and start fluttering clumsily to the ground. When they reach the ground, they run towards some airfield building and if they make it there, they explode, destroying the building. Turkeys spawn continuously, usually several at once, and the game ends when all airfield buildings are destroyed. The object of the game is to kill as many turkeys as you can before that happens. :crazy:

You spawn at about 200' over your field. Turkeys spawn at about 500' in random locations over the whole area of the field and start fluttering clumsily to the ground. When they reach the ground, they run towards some airfield building and if they make it there, they explode, destroying the building. Turkeys spawn continuously, usually several at once, and the game ends when all airfield buildings are destroyed. The object of the game is to kill as many turkeys as you can before that happens. :crazy:

LMFAO :biggrin:

Lol yeah I am surprised this has only come up now groan.... :rofl:

In P4 we will look into this and add realistic Turkey sound recordings....gobble gobble ... eeerrrkk.... pwaaakpukkpwaaak followed by Turkey death screams (we will not actually kill a Turkey- I'll just wring the cats neck a bit and record the wailing... as I have no Turkeys here.... funnily enough)

WM

You spawn at about 200' over your field. Turkeys spawn at about 500' in random locations over the whole area of the field and start fluttering clumsily to the ground. When they reach the ground, they run towards some airfield building and if...

I feel some very deep immersion coming on! Can I keep the last turkey and take it home to the Mess?

The turkey shoot stems from an incident that occurred in Cincinnati, Ohio around Christmas time several years ago. A load of live turkeys was taken up in a helicopter to drop on a crowd that had gathered below in a shopping center, waiting for a free Christmas meal. The turkeys were dropped--and plummeted to the ground. Splat! An organizer of the charity event was heard to exclaim, "I swear to God, I thought turkeys could fly!" :biggrin:

--storyline from a WKRP in Cincinnati television show.

"I swear to God, I thought turkeys could fly!" :biggrin:

Wild turkeys can fly. They don't like to, but they can. I've seen them clear 30' trees about 50' away from a standing start. So if dropped from a height, I figure they can glide and flutter down safely. They're skinny and athletic by the standards of fowl. Domestic turkeys, OTOH, have been bred to have more meat on them, so have wing loadings approaching infinity and power loadings approaching zero. They have trouble even walking, let alone flying.

Edited by Bullethead

BH wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! Ha ha ha...