Sign in to follow this  
Dej

My contribution to the OFF on-line Comic Book

7"x10" is traditional, since the original comics were printed on Newspaper presses. It's your basic Tabloid sheet folded one more time. Still...this is the 'net and we're not constrained by either tradition or standard magazine display racks.

Thanks, Hauksbee.

I d/l'd a 7"x10" template from the web but it seemed huge to use online, requiring scrolling which I think is a no-no. So I reduced it but kept the proportions. If noone has any objection I'll suggest it as the standard page size. It was also marked out with trim and bleed limits so could be scaled up to be printed if the content is kept within the trim lines.

Comic Blank Template

Edited by Dej

I was thinking (I know, I know) that turning all the graphics down to the lowest settings while taking screen shots may give you a better platform for converting the image to line art and also be easier to posterize. Will have to try it.

Beard

I d/l'd a 7"x10" template from the web but it seemed huge to use online,

If it's 'way too big, the resolution is probably set too high. Screen resolution is 72 dpi, and we always sent 300 dpi art to the printer. So, in a sense, high res. can be a good thing. I'd say leave it high. One can always reduce later, but you can't increase dpi.

Burning Beard: I think the same would apply to getting screen shots. You'll get better posterizations from highest res. pics. than lower.

Edited by Hauksbee

Respect to you comic genius's!...I have already thrown in the towel!!

Respect to you comic genius's!...I have already thrown in the towel!!

Me too! - I have neither the skill nor the time :swoon:

Don't give up on the inspiration, Guys! If you've storylines and screenies I'll volunteer to attempt the composition and agree it with you. If we could manage a story a month it'd be something.

Don't give up on the inspiration, Guys!

...and don't despair. Remember, comics are created one panel at a time. When I was honing my drawing skills in preparation for comics, I'd generate pages and pages of sketches. Then I'd get a large pad of tracing paper and lay out a page at 200%. Step#1: pencil in the text. If you've got narrative, that goes in first. Anything left over is for art panels. Tenatively, lay out the panels. If there's Thought or Speech balloons, pencil them in. [or put them in the topmost layer in Photoshop.] Now, get your screenies and start sliding them under the panel spaces. Enlage, reduce, crop as needed. Adjust panels as needed. Pretty soon a page comes together. Then do another. Before you know it, you've got a story.