Sign in to follow this  
Cameljockey

Latest Nvidia XP Graphics driver V185.85

New driver for Nvidia users on XP, 185.85 available at www.nvidia.com.

Have you tried it CJ?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've heard these drivers have something called 'Ambient Occlusion', which slaughter FPS for no visible advantage (may or may not activate automatically with a given game, may be the game has to support it).

If your game/drivers are working good don't mess with new drivers is my advice.

I've installed it, but haven't tried it yet. After the wee one goes to bed I'll try it and report back.

CJ

I am running these on my 8800GT equiped Windows 7 box and so far they seem real nice. For now, I would recommend you turn off Ambient Occlusion as not many games support it.

One thing I did notice is that the little white triangles that used to appear when I moved my TiR4 around really quick have disappeared. Not sure it's a product of the drivers or not as I also made some other Workshop graphics adjustments recently, but whatever the cause, they are gone and I am happy.

Madmatt

New driver for Nvidia users on XP, 185.85 available at www.nvidia.com.

Works well with my GTX 260. Appears to be a bit of a bump in fps and the graphic rendering is even smoother in the sim. A keeper for me.

Where is Ambient Occlusion? I cant find it. It's in the Nvidia Control Panel yeah?

-Rooster