Well I have re-installed everything.

It's the weapons folder that's causing the problem.

There is no exisiting weapons folder that I can see in Strike Fighters Gold. The moment I add the weapons folder game crashes on start up.

Any ideas anyone? :dntknw:

Which weapons pak, and what patch level are you using? VERY IMPORTANT!!!

if the weapons pak is still at, say the 06 level, and you game is patched to the 08 level, you'll need to re-inatalize the weaponsdata.ini and weaponsdata.dat using the new style weapons editor. A very simple process.

was it crashing with a missileobject.dlll fault? That usually means a weapons fault. -been there, done that, got the meds to prove it! :wink:

don't forget, when adding weapons the new /Weapons folder has to be created by YOU. Then you dump the goodies into it. Also, at 06 patch levels, you can't use 'folderized' individual weapons like the 08 patch and SF2 series. The Game Engine ™ can's see them that way. They just get all dumped into that /Objects/Weapons folder.

That's one of the reasons I (re) created the WW2 era specific weapons pak.

wrench

kevin stein

some time ago i have that same problem whit the added weapons and the real responsable was directX not updated for the new patch i never understood wtf was going on but updating the DirectX solve the issue

hope this can help you out

some time ago i have that same problem whit the added weapons and the real responsable was directX not updated for the new patch i never understood wtf was going on but updating the DirectX solve the issue

hope this can help you out

Yep got my weapons now!! :yahoo:

However I have a few graphics problems with the BoB terrain. I have strange coloured runways, no buildings etc at airfields and the ground alternates between being very brown or very green in blocks. :sorry:

Help Please!!! :blush:

Yep got my weapons now!! :yahoo:

However I have a few graphics problems with the BoB terrain. I have strange coloured runways, no buildings etc at airfields and the ground alternates between being very brown or very green in blocks. :sorry:

Help Please!!! :blush:

check your graphic settings next try to reinstall BoB see if outher terrains are doing the same i think that someting got corrupted on your install or your graphic card his messing whit your game i have BoB in out08 patch install and nothing like that hapens to me but my ati 9200 does not let me put hard graphic settings medium for most stuff low for shadow effects water.

Cocas

Check the catfile pointer in the terrain.ini file matches the version of the game you are running, i.e.

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Change the above entry to match for SFP1/SFG, WoE or WoV. I think it would be IsraelME.cat for WoI, but you'd have to check that one.

Oh yes, make sure you have downloaded Gepard's BoB terrain v 1.4 and installed it before adding the terrain files included in the BoB campaign d/l.