Hi guys.

I posted a topic recently about getting a new rig for myself which should be happening before the end of the month. It will come with Vista 64 bit installed so i was thinking of getting sf2 and sf2:vietnam and have a couple of questions which hopefully someone will help with.

1. Is there much of a difference between the newer versions and the older ones with regards to the gameplay and graphics.

2. Do the games support multi-core processors or are they still just using the one.

3. The Spec of the computer im getting is as follows: Intel core 2 duo e8500 (2 x 3.16ghz 6mb cache), 8GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB graphic card + standard 22inch monitor. Does anyone know off the top of their head whether the game will run on high with this setup. One of the primary reasons im getting a new rig is to enjoy the thirdwire sims on high graphical settings which im unable to do on my current rig.

Thanks in advance

Mike

You will be very fine with that set up. Very fine indeed. Also if you get both and I would, you get twice as many planes in the merged install.

Finally most of us are moving on with our modding to SF2 and SF2:V. So getting the latest and greatest will be a big benefit.

I'll swap you that rig for mine anyday !

Shouldn't have any problems with that.

AFAIK TK's sims are still single-core aware only, but even so they run better on dual-core as Windows will use both cores and free up more time for the sim on its core.

As far as the difference between SF2 and earlier versions, the graphics are better, the gameplay is the same.

Finally most of us are moving on with our modding to SF2 and SF2:V. So getting the latest and greatest will be a big benefit.

Great stuff. That was a question I forgot to ask. I would also like to know whether the ods mod will work in vista with the usual mods. (Thank you KB!!!) as i really cant be doing without this awesome mod

Thanks for the replies.

Mike

Great stuff. That was a question I forgot to ask. I would also like to know whether the ods mod will work in vista with the usual mods. (Thank you KB!!!) as i really cant be doing without this awesome mod

Thanks for the replies.

Mike

I think we have plans to port it over to to the WOE version of SF2. But first.....OTC....