Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Ace skins

Edmund ‘Ed’ Pierce – Great Britain – 9 victories.

Units: Naval 3, Naval 9, RNAS; No. 203 Squadron, RAF.

Born: 22 October 1896 in York, England.

Died: April 1985.

Information courtesy of "The Aerodrome" ( www.theaerodrome.com )

Pierce.jpg

Hey, Dej - and I always thought you crumpets didn't have any great skins! Good one!

Jean Marie Dominique Navarre – France – 12 victories.

Légion d'Honneur, Medaille Militaire, Croix de Guerre

Units: MF8, MS12, N67

Born: 8th August 1895 in Jouy-en-Morin, France.

Died: Killed in a flying accident, 10th July 1919.

Navarre was the first French pilot to be officially declared an ace in an army dispatch. Assigned to MS12, he began the war by shooting at enemy aircraft with a rifle from his Morane-Saulnier L. On 1 April 1915, he scored his first victory in the Fismes sector, bringing down an Aviatik with three well placed shots. On 25 February 1916, he became the first French pilot to shoot down two enemy aircraft in a single day. He was also the first French fighting pilot to be cited in orders. Flying above the lines in a red "Bébé," Navarre was easily identified by the poilus in the trenches who witnessed several of his victories. Shot down over the Argonne on 17 June 1916, Navarre suffered a head wound from which he never fully recovered. Following a two year stay at an asylum in Paris, he returned to the front but flew no more combat missions.

Information courtesy of "The Aerodrome" ( www.theaerodrome.com )

navarre.jpg

Navarre.jpg

Edited by Dej

My first attempts at capturing aces aircraft. Next time I'll zoom in a bit closer. :blink:

v5b9k6.jpg

Jasta 10 1917 Werner 'Bubi' Voss

2s9vipw.jpg

Jasta 11 1918 Lothar Sigfried Freiherr von Richtofen

2qxxrep.jpg

Jasta 2 1917 Karl Bolle

If anyone wants to post ace skin screenshots in the format that Olham's been doing them I attach a template below.

There's no pressure to do so, but I just thought some people might want to but weren't sure how and hadn't time to faff about :grin:

Aces_Skins_Post_Template.rtf

Edited by Dej

Yes, good idea, Dej.

Winston, perhaps you can do those again closer? You can 'un-attach' the pics,

and then attach the new ones.

Yes! Much better! Thanks!

If you want to add more info about an ace, you find it at "The Aerodrome" under 'aces'. Enjoy!

My contributions here will be simply to show some of the interesting ace skins as I fly my campaigns. With so very many skins I hope it will let people pick a cool skin to use without the trouble of loading every ace plane to see each one. There are just so many.

33xkfo4.jpg

DR1 of Jasta 7 1918 Josef Carl Peter 'Kobes' Jacobs

The posting of Ace Skins got my available attachment space used up more and more.

So I stopped posting more, and asked the Forum Managers for advice.

They encouraged me to create an "Ace Skins section" in "Galleries", as there we would have unlimited space.

So I am working on a basic design now, with which I would like to present them,

and which could ealily be used by other posters as well.

When it's ready, I'll start the section in "Galleries" and get you all informed here.

After we have moved our skins over there, we would then rease them here, to get attachment space back.

When that process is finished, I will then ask the admins, to erase this whole thread.

I hope this will be in everyone's interest.

You could always use an offsite image host. I've been doing this for quite sometime as I realize that space here is not infinate. Just upload your pics to a image host like tinypic.com and use the bbs code they give you or the image button here.

One drawback is that they may delete your pics after awhile, but so far I have pics uploaded for years and they're still there.

Thanks, Winston, but not necessary. The admins have made the proposal to create a gallery

in that section. As soon as I have found the time, I'll let you know, and will be happy, if you join in.

I will be glad to join in when ready. I'm making a point of capturing some shots in whatever aircraft I'm currently flying in campaigns.

Here are a few, the Fokker DVII belonged to Zeigser, Jasta 18 I think. One of my favorites.

And the Albatros DII, is Prinz Friederich Karl von Preussin. What a mouthfull.

ZZ.

post-45966-1248579627_thumb.jpg

post-45966-1248579722_thumb.jpg

My contributions here will be simply to show some of the interesting ace skins as I fly my campaigns. With so very many skins I hope it will let people pick a cool skin to use without the trouble of loading every ace plane to see each one. There are just so many.

33xkfo4.jpg

DR1 of Jasta 7 1918 Josef Carl Peter 'Kobes' Jacobs

I reckon the Flyboys Black Triplane must have been loosely based on this aircraft