Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Strange Firefox CA prob

Hi I have a strange prob with Firefox and the CA stie, I can`t Login in the Forum, main site is no prob. So I can`t post, tried Explorer but that`s not a solution. and the Firefox Forum looks for me like this one

Schon versucht, den Cache zu löschen?

Mh nope... still the same prob, maybe there is a missing option in Firefox... I had to reinstall it cause the last version caused some probs... don`t know what but something goes wrong and now I have this prob with CA other sites are ok.. strange

Guest a10boar
Mh nope... still the same prob, maybe there is a missing option in Firefox... I had to reinstall it cause the last version caused some probs... don`t know what but something goes wrong and now I have this prob with CA other sites are ok.. strange

IE8 last update was incomplete and cause Mshtml.dll/Ntdll.dll problems. Switched to Safari and everything is fine til I try to upload anything. It has Groundhog Day problem. It is stuck on 27th of May 2009. Which is the day upload a skin to site. :blink:

Hi I have a strange prob with Firefox and the CA stie, I can`t Login in the Forum, main site is no prob. So I can`t post, tried Explorer but that`s not a solution. and the Firefox Forum looks for me like this one

What's really weird is that your using a skin that shouldn't even be an option to members for our our boards. :blink:

I went ahead and updated the site's skin cache settings, and forced users of the default skin and IPB Pro skin to use our standard set of skins. If that doesn't work take a look in the lower left of the site and see what your skin selection is set to. Let me know.

SAMPLE:

Guest a10boar

Change to skin as suggested and everything works except upload. Still says I'm over my limit 8.03mb and allowed 8.0mb when have not uploaded anything except a jpeg of Mothman a couple days ago. That way less than my limit of 8.0mb .

Btw,can upload (non-CA) to other sites on internet, no problems.

Guest a10boar
Change to skin as suggested and everything works except upload. Still says I'm over my limit 8.03mb and allowed 8.0mb when have not uploaded anything except a jpeg of Mothman a couple days ago. That way less than my limit of 8.0mb .

Thanks Fates :ok: It was from to many jpg in memory :rolleyes: Learning experience!

Nope I use the fist of the fleet skn and all works good in IE .... but still not in Firefox

On the main page of the forums down toward the bottom where the member names are listed there's a link to reset the cookies stored on your machine for our boards. Click that.

Then::

In Firefox > Tools > Options > Content Tab make sure Java is enabled.

In Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy Tab make sure accept cookies and accept third party (until they expire) cookies is enabled.

In Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy Tab > Accept Cookies to the right "Exception" button click > Add combatace.com + always allow

In Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy Tab > "Clear my private data when Firefox closes" I tick this to keep my browser cache cleaned. You can click the button to the right and select what to delete when Firefox closes. ((Handy Tool))

In Firefox > Tools > Clear Private Data (CTRL+SHIFT+DEL) Make sure to clear your browser cache.

If that doesn't fix then something is really weird and I'd consider re-installing Firefox.

E

This is actually a calculation that is done live everytime you hit the upload button. The system calculates the size of each file you've upload and determines based on our settings if there's room for you to add more. Checking your files and removing them is the only way to clear this error.

Please keep in mind. The Gallery has no limits, you can fill it with millions of screenshots and link them right into your posts. Use your attachment space for things you don't want to put in the gallery and for files you don't want to upload to the file download section.

I hope that helps.

E

Guest a10boar
This is actually a calculation that is done live everytime you hit the upload button. The system calculates the size of each file you've upload and determines based on our settings if there's room for you to add more. Checking your files and removing them is the only way to clear this error.

Please keep in mind. The Gallery has no limits, you can fill it with millions of screenshots and link them right into your posts. Use your attachment space for things you don't want to put in the gallery and for files you don't want to upload to the file download section.

I hope that helps.

E

Thanks for explaining this subject further and most helpful in understanding. Hope others will read this too and come to realize that CA is more user friendly with each passing upgrade to site. Also,thanks for your patience.

Was anything changed regarding to GZIP on the Forums and download sections? cause the homesite looks fine for me, but it stoped working in the university too. @ home I can acces the homesite but not the forums or other related subcategorys of the home site... take a look at this

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

The problem seems to be that your being forced to use a skin that should not be available to for our site. I've made some changes to your account's skin selection. Can you tell if that changed anything for you?

I also use Firefox because it's simply the best browser available, IMHO. I have had no problems and certainly nothing of this caliber. I've been through all our features and areas of the site without problem.

If the main page is working for you and you can get to the forums then the site is working as it should. What I'm trying to figure out is how it's not displaying correctly on your end.

The site uses Java. We require cookies be set in your browser so we can keep you logged in. (Note* in the image you sent above you are NOT logged in. I think that's odd.) Makes me wonder if somehow the Guest mask is screwed up. I'll go look at that. Staying logged in, as I mentioned, requires your machine to accept cookies from us. I've seen this as a constant problem with Internet Suites like McAfee, and Nortons. They both think that a session cookie is the kiss of death and treat them as spyware. It takes some tinkering to get them to allow cookies. Try turning those types of software off to help diagnose the problem.

A note on cookies: The session cookies we send to your machine are very simple in nature. They include simple parameters like who you are (read: username) and that your logged in by sending us your password correctly. Once set these simple session cookies allow us to share that information back to the site as you make each new page request. How horrible would it be if we asked for your username and password every time you clicked a link to move throughout our site. These cookies have very limited life cycles. They are only valid until you close your browser connection to us.

[rant]

I often wonder how any dynamic site is supposed to have security if we can't share information back and forth between machines. The Internet Suite designers think somehow this is possible if the *site* aka CombatACE can always accept information from users but users can't accept information from us. I'll be the first one to tell you that our site has a better chance of being malware, trojan, bot, and virii free than most users machines. Just by the simple nature of the operating systems we run respectively. *sigh*

[/rant]

E

thx for this answer, a bit strange is that I can login with IE but not with FF, never had this prob before, it appeared first 2 or 3 days ago. I will try to reinstall FF... hope I can find a solution

thank you very much for your time

Ok solved... don`t know how but I completly deinstalled FF and reinstalled it.. something in the old installation of FF caused this prob .. now it`s solved.... we will never know what happend.. but thx :drinks:

Glad it's fixed!