Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Logitech joystick 3d extreme

Hi, Does anyone here use this type of stick to fly. If so waht slider settings under options do you have t set to. or what shd it look like with axes and deadzone? i use it and when I try to go upwards, I end up crashing to ground. Also, i have to keep installinmg the 5.02 patch pdate for it on my pc as it does not seem to remember it. i tred the 5.04 from logitech webiste and it does not help either. thx.

I take it no one uses this stick type?

I use this stick. Its not bad, i have an X-52 but i prefer this one. When you say you are trying to go up do you mean you are pulling the stick towards you or pushing it away?

In an aircraft you pull towards you to climb and push away to dive and thats the way it works for me. I could post my .INI settings but your stick would probably need different settings as mine has quite a bit of wear and tear on it.

As for the latest drivers, i have no idea. I use the driver that shipped with Vista and have not had any need to update it.

Edited by WarlordATF

I use it and have been for years..on my second one now. I don't use the software though. Just plug in in and let Windows set it up. For Thirdwire games I use the in-game control options screen to assign functions. Works for me.

I don't use the software though. Just plug in in and let Windows set it up. For Thirdwire games I use the in-game control options screen to assign functions. Works for me.

Ditto for mine. I've had my Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D Digital for 10 years. Worked like a charm up till yesterday when it gave up the ghost. For ten years of near constant use and abuse, I'm not complaining.

One caveat with this stick is that the potentiometers (the devices that measure the stick's position) collect dirt over time, which will cause erratic performance. By carefully diassembling the stick and dipping the potentiometers in 91% rubbing alcohol (don't use anything else!), you can clean them up. This happened to me two times with the rudder twist on this stick, and the alcohol bath did the trick.

I use it and have been for years..on my second one now. I don't use the software though. Just plug in in and let Windows set it up. For Thirdwire games I use the in-game control options screen to assign functions. Works for me.

I'm pretty sure that tailspin hit the nail on the head with this one.......you need to go into option/controllers and set the axis' for the game.