Sign in to follow this  
Crossbones

Help with strange trees

I did a video card upgrade switching from a ATI 128mb to a Nvidia 9500 gt 512mb. I also added 1gb of ram. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled OFF BH&H twice. Everything runs better and smoother and I can do most of my settings higher but the trees have not changed. I get the same giant planks by certain trees as you can see. The trees did not do this in Phase 1 or 2. I thought it must be the old card but it seems that is not the case. This is not a showstopper for me at all and even with the strange trees this is still the very best sim out there today. Maybe I have a corrupted file or a setting that is incorrect but I have tried everything I can think of. I will take any suggestions or help.

Thanks

Crossbones

I believe it was Gous that had the same exact thing going on. Trunks on the outside of trees. Not sure what he did to correct it though. Hopefully he can stop in here and offer some advice.

-Rooster

have you tried fertilyzer? a good 40-10-10 might help....

NO! They might grow larger.

Crossbones

cb, not sure if this has any bearing at all..but noticed that the detail on you plane is also off a bit.

tried to duplicate your shot

gallery_45808_317_203971.jpeg

was wondering if one setting somewhere was effecting both...

Edited by sitting_duck

I have this problem too.

I was just living with it, but there's a way to fix it I'd be delighted. I'm using an ATI Radeon.

Guys try reset CFS3 in the workshops.

Then reset up your CF3 sliders and make Scenery and Terrain 2 and see how you go.

Its caused by vid memory overload.

HTH

WM

Guys try reset CFS3 in the workshops.

Then reset up your CF3 sliders and make Scenery and Terrain 2 and see how you go.

Its caused by vid memory overload.

HTH

WM

Winder, I did what you said and boy, talk about starting over. I went through all the nvidia settings that others advised and overall appearance is much improved but the trunks are still on the outside of the trees.

Crossbones

Hello Crossbones,

Really strange - was the GPU you bought brand new?

Try the reset again and set the scenery and terrain sliders on 1.

If it persists please contact me again on support.

Ta

WM

cb, not sure if this has any bearing at all..but noticed that the detail on you plane is also off a bit.

tried to duplicate your shot

gallery_45808_317_203971.jpeg

was wondering if one setting somewhere was effecting both...

I worked on my settings and the plane looks much better I think but to trees are still off. sitting duck, you sure have a nice field of view. You must be using a widescreen.

Crossbones

Trees are fixed! :yahoo: After getting back from vacation I decided to do everything I could to correct this problem. After uninstalling OFF and CFS3 I went through and hunted down every folder that contained WWI, OFF and CFS3 and deleted it. I was surprised at some of the odd locations I found them. I restarted the computer and installed CFS3 and OFF and it worked! My frame rates have increased also and the terrain looks better too. I do not think I was getting all the seasons before either. I will have to take some screenshots and post them when I get time and do a before and after.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. :good:

Crossbones.

Thats good to know crossbones. Your not the only one who has had that problem..

Next time someone sees those trees...I might try to hunt down where they are in the install,,and send them my files....

Well done Crossbones, maybe you had a faulty install at first then installed over it, or an old Phase2.

Anyway one to note for the future.

OK, here is the before and after. The pilot of the SE5a is very bewildered at the strange trees he has landed by. :shok: The DH2 pilot (if you look closely) is smiling at his wide and unobstructed view of the beautiful normal trees. :yes: