Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Well done Gentleman...

Well, BH&H finally arrived taking six days to arrive from CA, must have been the Pony Express.

Anyway (never having played CFS3) I have to say I am very, very impressed - and I have not even flown yet!

Professionally packaged.

Installed with no problems.

Spent time going around the menus, settings, and even creating a pilot for Jasta 11 just because I am so familiar with this particular squadron.

Intell, ready room (or was it the briefing room?), weather, etc, etc, etc. All great touches - and I love the ticking clock. High immersion factor which I greatly desire in a sim.

I would have tried my hand at flying but I gotta work on those key commands.

Anyway - very well done Gentleman! I am truly impressed. Have I finally found a replacement for RB3D? Time will tell.

S!

Well, BH&H finally arrived taking six days to arrive from CA, must have been the Pony Express.

Anyway (never having played CFS3) I have to say I am very, very impressed - and I have not even flown yet!

Professionally packaged.

Spent time going around the menus, settings, and even creating a pilot for Jasta 11 just because I am so familiar with this particular squadron.

Intell, ready room (or was it the briefing room?), weather, etc, etc, etc. All great touches - and I love the ticking clock. High immersion factor which I greatly desire in a sim.

Anyway - very well done Gentleman! I am truly impressed. Have I finally found a replacement for RB3D? Time will tell.

S!

Join in a multiplayer game and you will know for sure you've found a replacement for RB3d!

Professionally packaged.

S!

Welcome and please stay posted with your experiences, or if you need help with anything.. lots of friendly fliers here.

Welcome Duke...Both to the Forum, and your replacement for RB3d (because, I am sure like me..you will find yourself playing BHaH all the time now!)

Very talented and friendly people on here (seemingly, quite rare these days)...with plenty of guys working on MP...Mods and Skinning..something for everyone!!

Great to see you are taking some time to familiarise yourself with this simulator classic!...BHaH allows for both 'full on' pilots, as well as those who are short on time, and just dip their toes when they get a chance!

I always quote what one guy said to people just arriving on the front......

"BHaH is not so much a sim...as it is an experience!"

You are soon going to experience what he meant!!!! :)

Enjoy!

DukeIronHand,

Whilst I was waiting for my copy of OFF, I read every thread I could hoping to get helpful tips, hints, and learn a few things that might be helpful to me. Don't know if you saw this one, but here is a Command Key card that you can print up and keep at hand. (Thanks Mark. An excellent job!)

http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/OFFcommandkeys.jpg

Happy flying. Remember to conduct a few trial flights on home territory to familiarise yourself with your machine, and when you venture over the lines, follow Dicta Boelke and you'll do fine.

We all lost a lot of good pilots during the learning curve. Hope you have a great experience.

You will LOVE this sim! :biggrin:

Edited by Steve Drew