Sign in to follow this  

Is there any in wip? :blink:

Edited by Silverbolt

Is there any in wip? :blink:

There was a thread a while ago about getting the old ones to work. For kmd, copy it to your mod folder.

It checks your aircraft and groundobjects folders and lists them correctly. For the terrain you have to have something in your terrains folder. Addon terrains are fine but for defaults you must copy certain files to your mod folder. (_datas, targets,types.. I'm guessing)

Other way is merge your mod folder into your installation folder, and make a self contained game.

I just tried Missionneier too, and couldnt get it see any terrains..

There was a thread a while ago about getting the old ones to work. For kmd, copy it to your mod folder.

It checks your aircraft and groundobjects folders and lists them correctly. For the terrain you have to have something in your terrains folder. Addon terrains are fine but for defaults you must copy certain files to your mod folder. (_datas, targets,types.. I'm guessing)

Other way is merge your mod folder into your installation folder, and make a self contained game.

I just tried Missionneier too, and couldnt get it see any terrains..

thanks m8 :good:

i just can't get the loadouts,the coutries and the skins ...same thing :( even with skni extracted from the cat file

i just can't get the loadouts,the coutries and the skins ...same thing :( even with skni extracted from the cat file

Ok here's my experiments,

I copied everything in the mod folder to the main installation. Just like the old games, all content is now inside the same folder. Options file set to use this setup.

Changed name of Terrains folder to Terrain (temporarily), since this is what was used before.

KMD (installed in main folder) wont let me set take off airfield. "No airfields to takeoff from...blah.. "

LeMissionoire, first set install folder. It registers airfields and aircraft correctly.

Loadouts, skins are fine w/ addon aircraft but the stock ones need their respective files pulled out of cat files?

I successfully created a mission, the only missing thing was the "Name" of the flight, I suppose something from flight.cat needs to be extracted, for LeMis. to be able to read them.

Still there are other problems I'm sure, the folder structure is different, the editors are written for the old games, we have to figure out the workarounds at time being..

Interesting thing; SF2:E doesnt come with any Single Missions, I copied the F-15/Mig dogfight from WOE but the mission loads up w/ the first addon terrain installed, instead of the proper GermanyCE terrain! Pretty weird..

Guys... Do not lost your time trying to make KMD working with SF2 series. It won't work due to the new game architecture. It needs to be updated but don't have time for it :sleep:

It needs to be updated but don't have time for it :sleep:

:no2: :sad:

:no2: :sad:

Ok ok... Lets say I need to find time (and motivation) for it :biggrin:

Ok ok... Lets say I need to find time (and motivation) for it :biggrin:

:ok:

Ok I figured it out. KMD will work if you merge your mod install to your main install.

I tested in SF2:E, successfully creating a few missions and flying them.

All airfields are registered, targets are there, loadouts and skins available for addon aircraft. (For stock you must extract and put them in respective folders.)

Basically turn your SF2 series install to a 1st generation structure.

I have a tip for using a symbolic link for the terrains folder. That way you wont have to have a copy of it wasting space.

For the utility goto: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896768.aspx

Edited by pureblue

:ok:

Ok I figured it out. KMD will work if you merge your mod install to your main install.

I tested in SF2:E, successfully creating a few missions and flying them.

All airfields are registered, targets are there, loadouts and skins available for addon aircraft. (For stock you must extract and put them in respective folders.)

Basically turn your SF2 series install to a 1st generation structure.

I have a tip for using a symbolic link for the terrains folder. That way you wont have to have a copy of it wasting space.

For the utility goto: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896768.aspx

Err well... Good idea but not really practice.

I'll check it tonight...

I'll check it tonight...

:ok::biggrin::good::clapping::dance:

Ahhh i'll have to have a look at that!

Thank you Kreelin :good:

It says in the readme, the one you just deleted :biggrin:

but I'll still remind you guys, make sure to rename the kmd.exe different if you have multiple installs.

Or else it wont ask you for a new mod directory on first startup.

Thank you Kreelin :good:

It says in the readme, the one you just deleted :biggrin:

but I'll still remind you guys, make sure to rename the kmd.exe different if you have multiple installs.

Or else it wont ask you for a new mod directory on first startup.

LOL.... Yeah...

And for those who use a merged install, you have to rename the .exe for each game. Attached an example with my merged SF2 and SF2E.

post-5541-1245082719_thumb.png

Edited by kreelin

ooops, i think i need help.... :blink:

Thats your main install folder, you gots to point it to your mod folder, most likely in MyDocuments.

Edited by pureblue