Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

Battlefield 3 Planned for Holiday 2010?

A site called Tech Fragments claims to have some additional information on Battlefield 3 stating they have been tipped off it will support 40 players, 24 vehicles, and 17 weapons with unlocks. They also seem to have heard it will be out in the 2010 holiday season with a free 1 map playable beta a few months before possibly in summer 2010.

Read on…………

Battlefield 3 Planned for Holiday 2010?

Any info on the era when will it be settled? Present day?

I'm guessing by the lack of year or anything that is exactly what it will be.

BF1942, 1943, and Vietnam all told you exactly what they were, but BF2 didn't.

Any info on the era when will it be settled? Present day?

Nope, Jedi no i haven't heard anything. But get this, there is some little bits in regards to some type of serving, which could indicate an MMO will be BF3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battlefield 2In a presentation to investors, Electronic Arts mentioned several of their upcoming plans to expand in the future. Along with announcements of growing profits in spite of crashing financial markets everywhere, the session was open to questions for John Pleasants, Chief Operating Officer at EA, in which several surprises were announced.

One such revelation is that DICE are developing Battlefield 3. Currently, no platform information or solid release date has been mentioned, but Pleasants noted that the game is not going to be released "this" financial year, the product slated for release at some point after March 2010.

Pleasants who, has seen the game in action at DICE's Sweden offices noted that he was "highly impressed" by the title, while adding that the entire upcoming games in the series "look fantastic" - with an emphasis on moving towards a "gaming service", in a bid to compete with the incredible growth of Call of Duty.

Battlefield 2 was a highly successful title from DICE and remains a highly popular game among fans of first person shooters, so it is quite certain that the third instalment in the series will be a hit when it is eventually released.

As we learn more about Battlefield 3 we will be sure to let you guys know!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: and moving to a service model Holy...

Scary thought... BF3 is to be a subscription based MMO (trying to tie in with BF2's huge fanbase).

EA has been experimenting (screwing) alot with different sales models with Battlefield:

BC1 - Console only

Heros - Free browser micro transactions

1943 - Small download only + inevitable muchos map packs

BF3 - MMO?

Would explain a little why its taking so damn long. Far fettched? I hope so!

Edited by Acidrain

I'm sick of these companies deciding they want people to pay per hour for gaming instead of one up-front payment that lets you play as much as you want.

Of course, I never played much on public servers even with BF42 and BFV and I totally skipped BF2 thanks to the crap with coop on its release.

I'm sick of these companies deciding they want people to pay per hour for gaming instead of one up-front payment that lets you play as much as you want.

Of course, I never played much on public servers even with BF42 and BFV and I totally skipped BF2 thanks to the crap with coop on its release.

I understand that, however in an way i see it has accountability when he have had none otherwise. I used to be one of those nay sayers on the pay to play, though to a certain degree it is logical in the way o the thief that has gone on, though other games haven't done the pay to play environments and have very models. However DICE hasn't been that great in releases, i wish they would act like that of the COD series and how they can just dish it out.

I think I'd actually prefer paying by-the-hour to a per-month deal. I rarely put more than 100 hrs into any game, online or off, so if they reduce the upfront price of the game but then charge like $.10 an hour to play, I'm fine with that.

I don't like paying "per month" because I may only play a game for 2-3 hours in any given month, so spending $15 for that is way off base.

I think I'd actually prefer paying by-the-hour to a per-month deal. I rarely put more than 100 hrs into any game, online or off, so if they reduce the upfront price of the game but then charge like $.10 an hour to play, I'm fine with that.

I don't like paying "per month" because I may only play a game for 2-3 hours in any given month, so spending $15 for that is way off base.

Oh i completely understand, sometimes the pay to play for MMO is just crazy when you don't put in that much time like others.