Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Shooting mount update

Tomorrow me and my folks are going to Fort Wayne to check out a wheelchair mounted shooting bench for my firearms. If it works for my disability we'll buy it there (and buy the pistol mount add on). I'll be back on Friday. I'm excited :biggrin:

Falcon

Post pics when you get back! And have fun!

I'm back! Good news and bad news. Bad news is the model my folks and I looked at the web site didn't seem right for my disability. Good news is they had a model that had joystick control :biggrin:. I made a minor design change suggestion to the guy and he agreed to make the change. The design change was a fire button on the control box :biggrin:. It'll have a safety button too but when my folks and I was eatting lunch, I thought of a better safety option; a flip switch. But this designer doesn't like fire buttons because of safety and liability concerns. But he agreed to make a design change. We assured him we are always safe when shooting.

I'll take pics of the mount w/o the control box redesign. He have to make it and send it by Monday. The control is sweet. I could change the sensitivity of all of the axis' to make real fine adjustments. I'll probably take pics of me using it with my Airsoft MP5 in my backyard (to test it out and learn to use it etc.)

My folks are real excited and I'M FRIGGING EXCITED! :biggrin:

Falcon

I'm really interested to see this device and even more so of you using it. I'm happy for you.

-Jeff