Can you post your two campaign files here? I'll take a look at them...

rgr will do but that will be about sunday since i will be away from home for a day or three

understand, i have made ony one change until i can prove something works before making other changes

if you dont want to wait the just copy over the stock RT files (campaignv1) then change the name and start/end dates and or the name (which works and shows up) then picking the first sqn (12TFS) attempt to start with an aircraft other than the F-105D.

i altered both campaign files (thier does not appear to be a squadronlist.ini for the SF2V files other than the one in missiondata1 which seems to refer to the SF2 units (SF2 never installed on my machine).

originally i tried to make it a 4th campaign but can only get 3 campiagns to show up so again thier might be another file somehwere.

i can see the logic in that if multiplayer ever happens then everyone will have a "standard install" with any mods appearing in a folder elsewhere perhaps ignored when online, so that idiot with a nuclear tipped sidewinder always has to play alone from his mod folder which seems to have precedence over the standard install. It would seem that campaign files in a folder named "campaign" (my docs) has precedence over a folder named "missions" (standard install) with the same file with the same name (ie campaignv1)

Edited by Tomb

rgr will do but that will be about sunday since i will be away from home for a day or three

understand, i have made ony one change until i can prove something works before making other changes

if you dont want to wait the just copy over the stock RT files (campaignv1) then change the name and start/end dates and or the name (which works and shows up) then picking the first sqn (12TFS) attempt to start with an aircraft other than the F-105D.

i altered both campaign files (thier does not appear to be a squadronlist.ini for the SF2V files other than the one in missiondata1 which seems to refer to the SF2 units (SF2 never installed on my machine).

originally i tried to make it a 4th campaign but can only get 3 campiagns to show up so again thier might be another file somehwere.

i can see the logic in that if multiplayer ever happens then everyone will have a "standard install" with any mods appearing in a folder elsewhere perhaps ignored when online, so that idiot with a nuclear tipped sidewinder always has to play alone from his mod folder which seems to have precedence over the standard install. It would seem that campaign files in a folder named "campaign" (my docs) has precedence over a folder named "missions" (standard install) with the same file with the same name (ie campaignv1)

We should figure it out when you can post the files. I have created two new campaigns in SF2V using the stock Rolling Thunder and Linebacker I campaigns, with new names, dates, and air units, so I know it works.

We just gotta make sure you have all the right stuff in all the right places. :good:

[LimitedNationList]

FriendlyNation001=USAF

FriendlyNation002=USN

FriendlyNation003=USMC <<<<<<<< This limits Nations involved. Can be added to.

FriendlyNation004=SVietnam

EnemyNation001=NVietnam

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

So that's how it worky..... nice I know you didn't intend but now I figured how to do the LimitedNationsList....

Malibu43, it takes a little bit to understand, but now that I'm working with the folders more and more... the User\Saved Games\Thirdwire\SF2 Game is for modding only. In KB's example, that CAMPAIGN folder is in the User\Saved Games\Thirdwire\SF2 Game. So when you place it in that folder, the game will read it, and therefore you can mod to your content and whim, but the main install, like "C:\Program Files\Strike Fighters 2\etc. etc. is that, the base game files. So you can mod all you want in the "User..." folders and files, by placing them there, without messing up the core game files, which is of course something we all do sometimes. When updating it with a new patch... probably solves the "clean install" (not sure on that) by just updating the files without having to restart everything.