Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

OFF ans csf3

Hi There, New to this but need help getting OFF and CSF3 to run. With only CFS3 installed it freezes after only a few seconds. Same thing occures with both installed only way to clear the freeze is to reboot. there doesnt seem to be any sounds after the freeze up. Tryed a clean reinstall that didnt work. Tryed the properties tab on the game for win 98 it reads file missing or corrupted. Tryed turning down the accelleration card that didnt work. Some said it might be incompatibility of the video drivers? I have the lastest drivers do I need old ones? Luv WWI flight sims dying to get OFF to run Please help. System= 2.0 dual core with an AMD 64 processor and 2gbs of ram Nvida ge force 7600 256 mgs Video Card My other flight sim runs fine ( BoB 2 with all mods). :dntknw:

Oh almost forgot The operating system is win XP pro with the lastest service paks and drivers. Thanking u in advance

would guess there is no reason to install off until you have cfs3 installed and running.

System specs on the surface dont seem to be the problem, as ive run cfs3 on much slower computers..

not saying its definatly not the computer, but doesnt seem like it.

Can only suggest some things,,,have no idea if they will work...

if you are doing full install, try the small install...

before you run cfs3, navigate to the cfs3config file in your cfs3 folder and either do the tweaks for the cfs3config suggested here, or, in overides, there is a safemode,,(have never tried this, so dont have a clue what it does)

and i would turn sliders in cfs3config down all the way at first...as well as screen resolution...see if you can get it running, then bring it up slowly

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=...topic&t=118

If none of this helps,,,get teamspeak, and will try and get on with you some nite to help...

Edited by sitting_duck

would guess there is no reason to install off until you have cfs3 installed and running.

System specs on the surface dont seem to be the problem, as ive run cfs3 on much slower computers..

not saying its definatly not the computer, but doesnt seem like it.

Can only suggest some things,,,have no idea if they will work...

if you are doing full install, try the small install...

before you run cfs3, navigate to the cfs3config file in your cfs3 folder and either do the tweaks for the cfs3config suggested here, or, in overides, there is a safemode,,(have never tried this, so dont have a clue what it does)

and i would turn sliders in cfs3config down all the way at first...as well as screen resolution...see if you can get it running, then bring it up slowly

http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=...topic&t=118

If none of this helps,,,get teamspeak, and will try and get on with you some nite to help...

Sitting Duck:

gave it a shot. went into the cfs3 folders set as safe mode, hit play cfs3 screen blank with a busy signal. went back into config folders and set sliders to 111111 then taskbar pull down to exit. Same result blank screen with the busy signal. doesnt do anything. :blink: thanks for the thoughts advice and link Still reading the test mule report great information hope to try and use it.

Sitting Duck:

gave it a shot. went into the cfs3 folders set as safe mode, hit play cfs3 screen blank with a busy signal. went back into config folders and set sliders to 111111 then taskbar pull down to exit. Same result blank screen with the busy signal. doesnt do anything. :blink: thanks for the thoughts advice and link Still reading the test mule report great information hope to try and use it.

Sitting Duck: How do u turn down screen resolution?

Sitting Duck: How do u turn down screen resolution?

find your obd software /cfswwi directory, and locate your cfs3config.exe. suggetst you make a shortcut for it on the desktop, so you can get to it easily.

open cfs3config,,and click on file,,,,change display options,....this is where you enter resoulution for the game,,,,,

that file is in both cfs3, and bhah,,,,each one effects the corresponding game....

Did you get any strange messages during your cfs3 install?

Edited by sitting_duck

find your obd software /cfswwi directory, and locate your cfs3config.exe. suggetst you make a shortcut for it on the desktop, so you can get to it easily.

open cfs3config,,and click on file,,,,change display options,....this is where you enter resoulution for the game,,,,,

that file is in both cfs3, and bhah,,,,each one effects the corresponding game....

Did you get any strange messages during your cfs3 install?

Sitting Duck: Sure did get a strange message, It read reconfigureration file mis either corrupted or missing. Tryed a clean reinstall (deleted OFF and addons and CFS and addons) now after installing I get the corruption or missing message what ya think aka yellow fowtrot leader ? carrick

Same thing happened to me,,,not sure if its for the same reason,,,

but things went wrong for me with cfs3,,,,,and i cant remember if all this happened the first time i installed everything (had to reload os due to worm,,,and lost all)..

First think it does is tell me the cfs3 installer not for xp64...but clicking ok lets it go ahead and install anyways..

When i did my 3.1 upgrade,,,it asked if i wanted to backup my old config,,,or something like that,,and pretty sure i said no....and somewhere during the upgrade it gives me a message about finding an old file...so it couldnt update .....didnt write it down (stupid...),,so not really sure...

Anyways,,,when installing bhah,, got the same messages as you, so went looking for that file...pretty sure you mean the cfs3configdatabase.txt...

I didnt have that file in cfs3,,but i did have a cfs3configdatebasetxt.bkp (backup file),,,so i renamed it to .txt,,,and bhah installed fine..

only problem i am having is that fps in both cfs3 and bhah seem to be capped at around 20....and thats even at the start up (ie,,game hasnt even started yet)...i used to be gettin 60fps when i just started the game...

but,,,assuming this is the same as you,,,i would look for that file that got renamed a .bkp file,,,and rename it to the original..(ie,,just take out the .bkp)

hope this helps

carrick,,,

at some point in time,,i gotta unistall and reinstall my cfs3 and bhah cause somethign obviously went astray...

if you want to get teamspeak,,and a mic,,,maybe we can do it at the same time,,,..im boston (edt)

you installing from cd....and if so,,,is a cd patched to 3.1 already? or do you have the dvd,,,,(im begining to wish i had the dvd)

carrick,,,

at some point in time,,i gotta unistall and reinstall my cfs3 and bhah cause somethign obviously went astray...

if you want to get teamspeak,,and a mic,,,maybe we can do it at the same time,,,..im boston (edt)

you installing from cd....and if so,,,is a cd patched to 3.1 already? or do you have the dvd,,,,(im begining to wish i had the dvd)

:blink: Sitting Duck: Yes I am reinstalling by CD no its not updated to 3.1 as yet. It does load the game and you get the 1st screen (with the pilot picture on it) then a pop up menu appears saying A generic error has occured while saving XML document to file.. If ya click on it the next screen reads: the configuration override file is corrupted or missing and to re run cfs3. next u exit the game. I will try and down load teamspeak and will look around for a mic. Whats the time difference between Boston and California.? This is turning into a lot of work but all other things considered: The new WWI Rise of flight game will take a new computer ( at least 3.0 dual core with 512 mg video card) The older WWI flight games Red Baron and the third wire game wont play with the newer drivers. So this is worth the trouble. U mentioned you were downloading cfs3 how did that work out? Carrick aka Foxtrot yellow leader. :biggrin:

lol...well...right now i rate that other game a -1..onna scale from 1 to 10

was going to send you my configoverides file, but i dont think that would help,,,but here is where it is suppose to be....

c:\documents and settings\xxxxxxx\applicationdata\microsoft\combat flight simulator 3

if you DO have it here,,,,attach it to an email,,,and send to donald@tollhousebakery.com would like to look at it...

if there is something there that looks like it,,but has a bkp extension,,,,let me know..

3 hours off between you and me...so you let me know some times that might be good for you,,,and ill do my best to make them...

just reread your post....

have you ever run the 3.1 update for cfs3, or you never get to the point where you can...

Edited by sitting_duck

just reread your post....

have you ever run the 3.1 update for cfs3, or you never get to the point where you can...

Sittin Duck: Never got that far with the newest reinstall. I suppose I could go ahead and install 3.1 even if the game isnot working. What ya think?

Sittin Duck: Never got that far with the newest reinstall. I suppose I could go ahead and install 3.1 even if the game isnot working. What ya think?

just re read your post and realized I dont know how to get into the location where the override configuration files should be ? Help Thanks :dntknw:

Don't forget to delete all CFS3 folders (including hidden folders) after uninstalling CFS3 and then to defragment your hard drive before trying to reinstall CFS3. You might try running a registry cleaner, also. I use CCleaner. You can get it here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

start>programs>accesories>windows explorer (and i would make a shortcut for it on the desktop,,,,)

when explorer opens up,,click on the plus sign next to my computer...

then click on the plus sigh to the left of your c drive

then click on the plus sign next to documents and settings...then the plus sign for administrator (or your user name), then application data...then microsoft...

now dbk click on the folder under microsoft called combat filight simulator 3, and the contents of that folder will be displayed on the right hand pane...

if you find that file,,,you might be able to RIGHT click on it,,,and select comprese to xxxxxxxx.rar and email...

and, i dont think it would help to patch....whatever problems would just be carried over..

and noticed there is a file in mine called defaultoverides.xml....tell me if you have that file....if so,,,you may be able to make a copy of it,,,and rename it configoverides.xml,,,,and it might just work...

Edited by sitting_duck

start>programs>accesories>windows explorer (and i would make a shortcut for it on the desktop,,,,)

when explorer opens up,,click on the plus sign next to my computer...

then click on the plus sigh to the left of your c drive

then click on the plus sign next to documents and settings...then the plus sign for administrator (or your user name), then application data...then microsoft...

now dbk click on the folder under microsoft called combat filight simulator 3, and the contents of that folder will be displayed on the right hand pane...

if you find that file,,,you might be able to RIGHT click on it,,,and select comprese to xxxxxxxx.rar and email...

and, i dont think it would help to patch....whatever problems would just be carried over..

and noticed there is a file in mine called defaultoverides.xml....tell me if you have that file....if so,,,you may be able to make a copy of it,,,and rename it configoverides.xml,,,,and it might just work...

Sitting Duck: Followed the path to administrater. I dont seem to have a file called application data or a file called mircosoft. I did add on 3.1 :good:

Sitting Duck: Followed the path to administrater. I dont seem to have a file called application data or a file called mircosoft. I did add on 3.1 :good:

Prop wash: Thanks for the tips and will used the cleaner :yes:

Prop wash: Thanks for the tips and will used the cleaner :yes:

Sittin Duck: How come every body has cool names. Maybe I should change mine to tail skid or wheel nuts, or Breach loader, or maybe just Rudder Fin. I was looking for game speak my grandson was going loan me his old mic. but cant fine the addy.

Sittin Duck: How come every body has cool names. Maybe I should change mine to tail skid or wheel nuts, or Breach loader, or maybe just Rudder Fin. I was looking for game speak my grandson was going loan me his old mic. but cant fine the addy.

Sitting Duck: More by luck then purpose , I found the CFS3 folders. It does not contain an over ride default file. It does have a default file. Checked the CFS3 configuration site and ran a dionogestic ? (start-run type in dxdiag then click ok) and all tests came back as no problems found ( Ha Ha )

Sitting Duck: More by luck then purpose , I found the CFS3 folders. It does not contain an over ride default file. It does have a default file. Checked the CFS3 configuration site and ran a dionogestic ? (start-run type in dxdiag then click ok) and all tests came back as no problems found ( Ha Ha )

go to here,,and follow the instructions for teamspeak.....http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=38466

its 6 here now....3 your time,,and i am on teamspeak,,so if you get on,,,we can communicate...maybe in chat,,,but if you get a mic thats better

that sounds like just a directx test.....not really anything to do with game....

if you can get on teamspeak...post a time here....and i will try and get on with u

My grandsons mic is junk so have to buy one ( bummer) I was over at the combat flight center forum and ran across some information on frame rate. One is to defrag your hard driver often. The other is to dislocate the Z key althought it didnt say how and ur frame rate will jump 20 to 60 frames. The last that I read stated: Use a second hard drive while reading frame rates or recording thus the one hard drive wont bottle neck slowing down the frame rate

if there is a walmar near you,,,they have a cyber acoustics combo headpones/mic for 18 bucks....

and,,if you could post the link for the page about the z key i would like to see it.