Wondering what some of the better WWII birds are out there?

Most specifically, I'm looking for a good Navy F4U and Spitfire (any Mk, but I prefer the Merlin engined birds), but I am interested in others - particularly as I need German and Japanese planes to be targets.

Thanks,

GB

:flyer:

You're kidding right???? :dntknw:

You mean to tell me you've missed Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak, in our D/L section (Addon Aircraft/WW2), the various and sundry couple of hundred mods (by me!!) of said aircraft???

(puts on best Pitchman Voice)

Well, my friends, you've come to the right place!!!

Required mods for WW2 (not theatre specific):

Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak

AD's Japanese Planes Pak

Pasko's Ju-87B

Pasko's Me-163

Pasko's He-219 Uhu

Pasko's Ho-229 (needs some FM work)

Pasko's Mossies (B.II and FB.IV)

Pasko's Yak-3

Pasko's Yak-9/9U (same plane, just 2 different data inis, so you can create both versions)

Geo's F6F

Geo's He-162

Geo's WW2 Ground Objects -quite a pak!!

(all over at Geo's site)

The Spits and Hurris are Dev A-Team aircraft, along with a hundred or so other WW2 birds; Axis and Allied. You can only get them at Capuns site. Also, most of the WW2 ships as well. Registration required.

And bunches of others I'm sure I'm missing.

The aforementioned several hundred WW2 mods by meself, some available here, others at my site (link in my sig below). Some, however, require DAT aircraft.

More details, covering all eras (expceting, iirc, WW1) is in The "What's Available Thread"

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=21870

You'll have to scroll through it; I don't remember if the 3rd or 4th post is the WW2-ish listings.

Terrains in our d/l section, many with "upgrades"

------

Anyone want to try to talk Wolf into releasing his Spit and Hurri??? I'll take them even at the 06 patch level!!!! I'm DYING to see 'em!! And start skinning ... ... ... ...

Wrench

kevinstein

Oh, and I TOTALLY forgot about Pasko's D3A Val !!! makes a GREAT target!!

wrench

kevin stein

You're kidding right???? :dntknw:

You mean to tell me you've missed Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak, in our D/L section (Addon Aircraft/WW2), the various and sundry couple of hundred mods (by me!!) of said aircraft???

Not sure how I missed Wolf's WW2 pack. Must have been too focused looking for particular planes. But, I have seen your various couple hundred mods, I was just stymied looking for the original a/c.

Got the original F6F-3, and your -5/-5N.

Though, my current favorite is the F4F-4. She's got great visibility over the nose. Landing that is easier than any plane to date.

I'll check out the plane pack. Thanks, Wrench.

My pleasure.

BTW, check out the Wildcat skin/ini upgread paks...I've fixed the canopy issue of not opening fully, and changed/added a new sound for the gear retraction ... it sounds like a chain-drive ratchet.

if you want to conver the canopy over to an animation key (for all/any Wildcat) replace the auto-speed section with this:

You'll note I just commented-out the auto speed, so just copy/paste this right over the existing statement

//[Canopy]

//SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

//DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

//Setting[1].Angle=50.0

//Setting[1].DeployValue=10.0

//Setting[1].RetractValue=50.0

//MaxDeflection=50.0

//MinDeflection=0.0

//ControlRate=2.0

//AnimationID=8

//ModelNodeName=CanopyFrame

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=4.0

AnimationID=8

This is used on a new FAA Martlet that should be coming out this week.

wrench

kevin stein

North American B-25B Mitchell - Released

North American B-25H Mitchell - Released

North American B-25J Mitchell - Released

Where might these be? Although I guess it doesn't really matter to me till we have skip bombing :whistling:

With the new New Guinea map and B-25 strafers coming along in Il2, I'm afraid I don't have much use for the TW engine in terms of WWII. Still, always find something I miss from each sim engine.

DAT birds.

I actually have an uncompleted C, ex-glass nosed, converted to a strafer (uses a decal to simulate 'painted over' glass -like my A-20A strafer mod).

Never finished up decaling and etc for the 345th BG. I'll try and get a screenie up later, if anyone is interested.

The major pity, is I can't get the NewGuinea2 terrain to take the 'necessary' trees, even editing/renaimg GH TODs...that terrain needs to be overhauled using WoV tiles, but it really don't work (tried with the Solomons, and it got all kinds of screwed up!!)

There is a torpedo armed variant of the B, albeit an incomplete mod (missing lod and cockpit folders), over on my site

wrench

kevin stein

Hmm. A thought. Could you make a bomb behave like a torpedo? Like, give it a really fast speed but super short range, to match up with what a skipped bomb would do. The only problem is that would only be useful for skip bombing and you couldn't hope for direct hits though.