Sign in to follow this  
BigJim

RoF Yeow

Yeow what a nightmare, game showed up and I installed it, but now I cannot register the product key since I cannot get anywhere on the RoF website and when I try to register it just times out, this is starting to smack of the WWIIOL release years ago, a total disaster.

If they don't solve this problem quickly the game will be returned as at the moment it is DOA.

Yeow what a nightmare, game showed up and I installed it, but now I cannot register the product key since I cannot get anywhere on the RoF website and when I try to register it just times out, this is starting to smack of the WWIIOL release years ago, a total disaster.

If they don't solve this problem quickly the game will be returned as at the moment it is DOA.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, but not surprised. Let us know if you get it working. This is one of MANY reasons I will never pay money for a product that requires persistent online authentication. Unless it's a solely multi-player game I see absolutely ZERO benefit to the consumer.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, but not surprised. Let us know if you get it working. This is one of MANY reasons I will never pay money for a product that requires persistent online authentication. Unless it's a solely multi-player game I see absolutely ZERO benefit to the consumer.

Yeah the Russains are playing coy now saying "what type of problem, tell us more about it", I wonder what part of YOUR REGISTRATION SERVER has crashed that they don't understand. PLUS if you cannot register you cannot get on to their forms to TELL em lol.

This is exactly what happened years ago when WWIIOL had their disaster launch, the developers started acting defensive. RoF now seems to be doing the same thing, it appears they were unprepared for a large hit when the game hit the streets in the USA, it killed the server, the game cannot be played till "code" is entered, the code cannot be entered due to dead server. Result game is DOA.

Yeah the Russains are playing coy now saying "what type of problem, tell us more about it", I wonder what part of YOUR REGISTRATION SERVER has crashed that they don't understand. PLUS if you cannot register you cannot get on to their forms to TELL em lol.

This is exactly what happened years ago when WWIIOL had their disaster launch, the developers started acting defensive. RoF now seems to be doing the same thing, it appears they were unprepared for a large hit when the game hit the streets in the USA, it killed the server, the game cannot be played till "code" is entered, the code cannot be entered due to dead server. Result game is DOA.

Well they got the server up but now I am waiting for a return e-mail to get it working I have been waiting for over an hour and no e-mail when I try to re-register it tells me they have the e-mail so as usual just sitting here fuming and swearing that I will NEVER buy another game with this scheme

Well they got the server up but now I am waiting for a return e-mail to get it working I have been waiting for over an hour and no e-mail when I try to re-register it tells me they have the e-mail so as usual just sitting here fuming and swearing that I will NEVER buy another game with this scheme

Well they finally got me going and I tried to fly the thing: my computer is not good enough to fly it I guess, I did get it going but the interface is awful and clumsy, the flight control REFUSEs to let me have the proper throttle and rudder control (I guess there is some programmer trick to make it work but what the hell if I wanted an erector set I would have got one).

The FM absolutly SUCKS (waaaaaay too touchy) the only good point to this thing is the graphics (which of course I have to turn all the way down just to get it to run on my system).

My System: intel dual core 2.4, Gforce 7900GTX 512 meg, 2 GB Ram and while it will run this game at minums it is actually a major FAIL

Sooo unless you have the patience of Job and a state if the art puter you can forget this one.

Edited by BigJim

Well they finally got me going and I tried to fly the thing: my computer is not good enough to fly it I guess, I did get it going but the interface is awful and clumsy, the flight control REFUSEs to let me have the proper throttle and rudder control (I guess there is some programmer trick to make it work but what the hell if I wanted an erector set I would have got one).

The FM absolutly SUCKS (waaaaaay too touchy) the only good point to this thing is the graphics (which of course I have to turn all the way down just to get it to run on my system).

My System: intel dual core 2.4, Gforce 7900GTX 512 meg, 2 GB Ram and while it will run this game at minums it is actually a major FAIL

Sooo unless you have the patience of Job and a state if the art puter you can forget this one.

Update I finally got it all going, and if I set rez to 1024 x 768 (manually in start menu) I can get a whopping 25 FPS but at least it flies and I have worked on the controls (they were out of cal for some reason) so now I can play but man it has been a hassel.

Update I finally got it all going, and if I set rez to 1024 x 768 (manually in start menu) I can get a whopping 25 FPS but at least it flies and I have worked on the controls (they were out of cal for some reason) so now I can play but man it has been a hassel.

25 FPS at 1024x768? Ouch. I guess I'm staying with OFF!

25 FPS at 1024x768? Ouch. I guess I'm staying with OFF!

Yeah I think I can it to 30 with post effects off :good:

Yeah I think I can it to 30 with post effects off :good:

OK new update I have installed a new GeForce 260GTX 895 meg, and 4 Gig FSB 800 memory FPS is now up to the refreash rate limit of 60 and dropping to 48 or so in heavy traffic with setting all at med and post effects off. The game is looking ALOT better now, so after the screaming and ranting shakey start I got it going with some upgrades but I am not done yet I am still waiting on my Q6700 cpu that I ordered, and once the quad is in place I might be able to sneak the settings up to High :clapping::good:

Hmmm....a $400 upgrade (providing you already have the MO-Bo and power supply to handle it)? Somehow I don't find that a comforting thought to be able to fly two planes and STILL have to be online to do it.

Edited by Tailspin

Hmmm....a $400 upgrade (providing you already have the MO-Bo and power supply to handle it)? Somehow I don't find that a comforting thought to be able to fly two planes and STILL have to be online to do it.

Yeah the update was due anyway, RoF just pushed up :) and yes I have the mobo and power supply for it so that is why the upgrade and NOT a new computer PLUS this setup should help OFF run well when I get it installed :)

Just hope CFS3 installs or I am out my bucks for OFF :(

Edited by BigJim