Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Kriegstagebuch der Jagdstaffel 12

Interesting find. If you search there with "deutsche luftkriegsgeschichte" you can find another book of that same series about Jasta 32.

Edited by Hasse Wind

In the same series is also this:

Jasta 32

SNAP! Hasse :grin:

Edited by Dej

Thanks, Hasse Wind and Dej - I think I'll order one of them to see, if it's worth it.

Thanks, Hasse Wind and Dej - I think I'll order one of them to see, if it's worth it.

There seem to be only 2 of those Jasta 12 books left - could you please leave the one alone whose seller also ships to other countries than Germany? I've sometimes been unable to buy rare books on Amazon because the sellers won't ship them out of their own country. Bitte? :yes:

Okay, no problem - won't do it straight away. If I shouldn't get a copy:

could you perhaps then report some of the most interesting reads?

Okay, no problem - won't do it straight away. If I shouldn't get a copy:

could you perhaps then report some of the most interesting reads?

Of course. I was going to buy the Fokker book there was talk about in the E.V thread a few days ago, so I might as well add that Jasta 12 war diary to the deal.

Both books are great. Very informative. Some errors in dates and places, but very well.

Both books are great. Very informative. Some errors in dates and places, but very well.

I think Shred has something like this in English, as he was sending me some really great shots of many Jasta 12 Albs when I was skinning them. Hence many of the Jasta 12 Alb D.III's are historically correct.

You'd have to ask him where he got the pics from, but they were very good. Those and some from Jasta 14 as well. Very helpful. Anyhow if you guys buy these books, pass on any info we can use to improve skins, placement... etc..etc.

Thanks!

OvS

My best Albatros D.III source is excellent Grosz´s Albatros D.III Windsock Special book. I can recommend this book.

Hello Olham.If you find a day-by-day diary of Jasta 11,let me know.I only have a diary from the entire JG1 in the book called JAGD IN FLANDERNS HIMMEL by Karl Bodenschatz.Diary goes from June 1917 to Nov 1918 with pics of all the members of the Flying circus.But maybe you know the book allready.If not,you got to see it(i do visit berlin almost every second week... :yes: )I also have the Jasta 12 book you mentioned.It gives you a good inside look with jasta 12 but the diary from 1918 is missing as it got lost in WW2.Lots of photos and information.Recommended

Oh yes, Jagd in Flanders Himmel is interesting, but very tendency book. I have 1935-issue and love this old German font.

I have both Kriegstagebuch der Jagdstaffel 12 and Chronik der der Jagdstaffel 32, and they are both great. I just wish they would do some of the other units.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

shredward