Sign in to follow this  
Laton

Speed boost

I have XP, tried it this afternoon and unfortunately no increase in FPS for me. :no2: :sorry:

I'm also running XP and spent an hour trying all the INI settings. I think my video card (Nvidia 9500GT 512) may be too light for this. I could never get rid of the blurry clouds, and I got no FPS improvement even if all settings were turned off.

One good thing - it made me appreciate how good the graphics were in the first place!

I'm also running XP and spent an hour trying all the INI settings. I think my video card (Nvidia 9500GT 512) may be too light for this. I could never get rid of the blurry clouds, and I got no FPS improvement even if all settings were turned off.

One good thing - it made me appreciate how good the graphics were in the first place!

Just check that the enbseries.ini file is in your /Flight folder rather than the root FE folder.

Laton:

Without the enbseries.ini file in the Main folder, I actually lose FPS (about 10 FPS). The second thing is with the enbseries.ini in the Main folder, it automatically put a copy of itself in the Flight folder and I do not lose any FPS that way, but I do not gain any FPS either. Oh well, nothing is perfect.

Thanks Laton, the /Flight folder was the trick. To me it looks a little different, but not better. I also don't see any real improvement in FPS on my setup, even with all effects turned off.

There's an interesting thread on this at Thirdwire's forum. Seems that this mod might trade off game (physics engine performance) for the increase in graphics performance. Check your game fps with and without the mod and see if you get the same results.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6696