This thread will be stickied with those little tweeks and tricks (how original!! :wink: ) that help improve gameplay.

They can be Flight Model adjustments, weapons configurations, cockpit/gunsight tweeks. What I'd like to see are not just things for the 08 TOS and NextGen series, but for 06 level installs as well. Of course, the poster need to make sure that this is stated in their post, if you please! :biggrin: Also, state if you flew in easy, normal or hard. This can make a HUGE difference, as most people fly on Normal, due to most of the aircraft being optimized for that state.

Feel free to post the Fixes, but ONLY fixes; any discussion should be in a new thread, or in the main thread.

Go for it Gentlemen (and Ladies!)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

OK, to populate this thread a little bit a very special fix - Revi gunsights (based on Kesselbrut's nearly original Revi 16):

Revi 3D

gallery_34327_276_211.gif

Revi 12A

gallery_34327_276_688.gif

Revi 16B

gallery_34327_276_630.gif

EDIT: The pics above are just previews (GIFs), the files in the 7z are in the TGA format, with much better quality...

Revi_Gunsights.7z

Edited by Shaolin

"The StallMoment Line " tweek.... Remember; this ONLY works in 08 Patch Level TOS series sims, and SF2 NextGens

open the data ini of the aircraft in question; in our example below we're using Wolf's P-47D-20 Razorback. All other aircraft are pretty similiar, you'll just have to locate each statment.

Scroll down until you find the callouts for the various wing statements; some have them in all four of the wing sections, some only have them in 2 sections. (wolf tends to use them in all 4, DAT aircraft only on the ***OuterWing sections)

You'll see this line near the bottom of each wing callout:

StallMoment=0.05

what I do is just add the NEW statement, and comment out the old; which makes for easy restoration if something else happens:

//StallMoment=0.05

StallMoment=-0.50

do this for ALL of them. Test fly and see if there's any improvement

Wrench

kevin stein

Tailwheel steering angle....

Before, in the 06 and previous patch levels, the MaxSteeringAngle= had always been stated as a negative number; ie:

MaxSteeringAngle=-45

in the post-08 and SF2 series, this number must be a positive ie;

MaxSteeringAngle=45

So, easiest fix is to open the data ini for whichever aircraft you're 'adjusting', and simply delete the minus ( - ) sign. Now, in looking at several, some are ALREADY set as a positive number (can't remember which right now! -but I think AD's Japanese Planes Pak Zekes and Oscars, and mabye the Betty), and so won't need any changing. But, it only takes a moment to double check :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Moving Lights - NOTE: works in 08 Patch Levels and Above ONLY!!!!

In other words, several aircraft have their running or ID light attached to surfaces that move. In most cases, this means the rudder (Spits and Hurricanes come right to mind)

What you need to do is simply add a statement that tells the Game Engine ™, that the light CAN move, and what it's attached to.

The data below is from the AT-6G "Mosquito" FAC, but the 2 statement lines are usable on any.

[TailLight]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-5.780,0.25

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.88,0.88

Brightness=0.04

LightSrcRange=0.5

CanFlash=FALSE

MovingLight=TRUE <---

AttachedNodeName=rudder <---

[TailLight2]

SystemType=LIGHT

Position=0.0,-5.82,0.05

LightSrcOffset=0.00,0.00,0.00

Color=0.88,0.25,0.25

Brightness=0.04

LightSrcRange=0.5

FlashTime=0.6

MovingLight=TRUE <---

AttachedNodeName=rudder <---

So, all you need to do is add those 2 lines I highlighted, and know the node or mesh name. It seems like most everyone HAS agreed that a rudder is a rudder is a rudder...so that shouldn't pose any problem. If there is one, and the OUT file is available, simply consult that and the data ini for the node name.

Wrench

kevin stein

Even if it is called different, you won't need the OUT file - you will find it inside the data.ini (as a moveable surface it has to be moved somewhere...).

Nightfighter Radar Fixes:

Whilst working on a few other projects, I noticed that most, if not all, the Luftwaffe & Allied NFs DON'T have the correct radar configurations in their data ini (this was evidenced by my Monica/Serate NOT beeeping at me while a 410 was after me)

So, after going over ALL the data inis for these birds:

Beaufighter NF.1

Blenheim F.Mk1

Ar-234B (NJ)

Bf-110G

He-219

Ju-88G6

Ju-188D2 (not really sure this is a NF, but what the heck, right???)

Me-262B

Me-410A2U2

I found that pretty much all of them had the "RadarType=" set to Ranging. Soorrry!! WRONG!!! These (expecially the RAF style, are "AIR_INTERCEPT" -as I'm sure the FuG/SN for the LW are.

Soo...I updated all the ]DectectSystem[ statements in the aformentioned aircraft's data ini. I used the following statement, taken for 'another aircraft with working AI radar', and replaced the ]DetectSystem[ statement.

Mind you, you'll have to keep the MaxVisibleDistance= line the same, as I think they're set per aircraft size.

RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT

RangeUnit=KM

RadarAzimuthLimit=25

RadarElevationLimit=25

RadarSearchTime=3.0

RadarSearchRange=10

RadarSearchStrength=20

RadarTrackTime=7.0

RadarTrackRange=5

RadarTrackStrength=10

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L,12L

MaxVisibleDistance=9600.0 <--make sure this line stays as originally stated!!

HasRWR=False <--not sure if LW NFs had any kind of RWR

This above is a fairly 'generic' statement for the Luftwafee NFs, as it has the "KM" range. Most of the range data is set in the variious avioinics inis at any rate.

Not shown above is "RadarName=" line, I'm not exactly sure WHAT that does, other than lable the designator of the onboard radar system.

You'll also want to cross-check in each of the avionincs.inis, for this line:

[AvionicsData]

AvailableModes=SEARCH,ACQUISITION,TRACK

RangeUnit=KM <--this line

RangeSetting[1]=5

RangeSetting[2]=10

RangeSetting[3]=20

Make sure is reads KM, as most have the statement in NM. For the LW birds, this WILL greatly reduce the operational ranges of the radar in the various modes, but I feel this is a little closer to reality.

Also, while you're in the various avionics ini, for all the aircraft!!!, double check the following statements:

SearchRangeSetting=

TrackRangeSetting=

BoresightRangeSetting=

GroundMapRangeSetting=

TerrainAvoidenceRangeSetting=

(note: these last 3 are probably NOT used on most aircraft, but check anyway!!)

The SearchRangeSetting MUST match the number of settings as listed in the top section of the [AvionicsData] statement. Meaning:

[AvionicsData]

AvailableModes=SEARCH,ACQUISITION,TRACK

RangeUnit=KM

RangeSetting[1]=5 <--

RangeSetting[2]=10 <--

RangeSetting[3]=20 <-- these 3

RadarPosition=

MaxElevationAngle=45

MinElevationAngle=-45

MaxAzimuthAngle=45

MinAltitude=1000.0

MinReturn=0.2

SearchRangeSetting=1,2,3 matches THIS one

ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[1]=2.0

ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[2]=-2.0

ScanPattern[1].ScanRate=60

ScanPattern[1].ScanBeamAngle=6.0

ScanPattern[1].ScanArc=45

SearchStrength=40

SearchTargetTime=5.0

AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=0.3

AcquisitionTime=5.0

LostAquisitionTime=1.0

TrackRangeSetting=1

TrackCapabilities=

TrackStrength=20

TrackMemroyTime=5.0

BoresightRangeSetting=1

BoresightElevation=0.0

BoresightAzimuth=0.0

BoresightBeamAngle=6.0

GroundMapRangeSetting=1,2

GroundSearchStrength=60

TerrainAvoidanceRangeSetting=1,2

ClearanceDistance=152.4

For GroundMap & TerrainAvoidence (yes, we KNOW TA didn't really exist in WW2...but the AI/Autopilot may use it for low-level flying -good for intruder missions!), Ranges 1 & 2 should be good. Also, Boresight should ALWAYS be 1. Even if NONE of the available WW2 radars had this ability, make sure the statement is correct.

For the most part ALLthe WW2 radars are far stronger and more accurate than their Real World ™ counterparts, but it DOES make for better playability

For the Allies, here's the samples directly out of the various aircraft:

Blen F.Mk1:

[DetectSystem]

RadarName=AI Mk.II

RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT

RangeUnit=NM

RadarAzimuthLimit=25

RadarElevationLimit=25

RadarSearchTime=3.0

RadarSearchRange=10

RadarSearchStrength=20

RadarTrackTime=7.0

RadarTrackRange=5

RadarTrackStrength=10

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

MaxVisibleDistance=9600.0

HasRWR=FALSE

Beau Mk.1 NF/Beau Mk.10:

[DetectSystem]

RadarName=AI Mk IV

RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT

RangeUnit=NM

RadarAzimuthLimit=25

RadarElevationLimit=25

RadarSearchTime=3.0

RadarSearchRange=10

RadarSearchStrength=20

RadarTrackTime=7.0

RadarTrackRange=5

RadarTrackStrength=10

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

MaxVisibleDistance=9600.0

HasRWR=TRUE

You'll note that I have the RWR set to TRUE. Not sure if Monica or Serate were ever installed in the Beau 1NFs and pretty sure it was never in the Blenheims, so whatever! I'll cover adding the audio-only RWR a little later.

I'm not covering the P-70 Nighthawk, as it just couldn't ever catch anything. If there's a call, I'll post the relelvant sections.

Ok, I mentioned an audio-only RWR, to try and duplicate the Boozer or Monica or Serate or whatever the Luftwaffe used.

The procedure is EXACTLY the same as it's always been for adding one to an aircraft that didn't have one before. BTW, this is all listed in the main Knowledge Base.

Also, this same "fix" can be applied to the RAF Heavy Bombers as well, even if we don't have (yet!) the ASV radars for ground mapping (but I can fix that, too!)

Right ... open up the avionics ini of the aircraft you wish to add it. In our example, we'll use a Mossie FB6. Now, as this is NOT a radar equiped aircraft, we'll have to create a new ini for. Open a blank notepad, or your text editor of choice, and copy/past the following into it:

[TextureData]

RWRTexture=cockpit\f-4j_rwr.bmp

[RWR]

Type=3_RING

AirSearchTexture=RWRair1.tga

AirTrackTexture=RWRair2.tga

AirLockTexture=RWRair2.tga

GroundSearchTexture=RWRground1.tga

GroundTrackTexture=RWRground2.tga

GroundLockTexture=RWRground2.tga

SearchPosition=0.90

TrackPosition=0.55

LockPosition=0.15

SearchSize=0.075

TrackSize=0.075

LockSize=0.075

SearchFlash=FALSE

TrackFlash=TRUE

TrackFlashRate=0.2

LockFlash=TRUE

LockFlashRate=0.1

TrackSound=RWRTrackSound.wav

LockSound=RWRLockSound.wav

[RWRTrackSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

[RWRLockSound]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=FALSE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=1

Then do a 'save as...' Mossi_Avionics.INI. Drop it into the FB6's main folder.

Open the main ini (Mosquite FBIV.ini, or whatever it's called --mine got edited some years back) and add the following lines at the bottom of the top section, ]AircraftData[

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=Mossi_Avionics.INI

Save and close.

Now, using the cat extractor tool, open the objects.cat, and scroll down until you find the F-4J_RWR.bmp. Extract it; you'll find the bmp in the MAIN object folder. Copy/paste, move however you want to do it, the bmp INTO the mossi's cockpit folder.

You can use any RWR bmp, just make you the names match EXACTLY in the avionics ini.

For already radar equipped aircraft, just add those texturedata line to the top section, as shown below:

(this below is for the Mossi NF.XII project -don't worry about the other lines)

[TextureData]

RadarTextureSize=128

RadarTexture=cockpit\A-4E_radar.bmp

RadarAGTexture=cockpit\A-4E_radar.bmp

RWRTexture=cockpit\F-4J_RWR.bmp <--add this line

Now, as we don't have any radar-controlled Flak batteries (that is, YET -- they're coming, don't you fret none!), the only time it'll "light off" (ok, it'll just beep really) is when a radar-equipped fighter is looked for/at you. I just wish I could attach the function to a light in the cockpit, as is historical. But this WILL work!!

That should just about do it! With any luck, this should make the AI wingmen just a bit more agressive and effective against Enemy Aircraft.

Any further questions, just PM me or ask in the main PropHeads Forum!

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Edited by Wrench

Some WW2 Nations.ini Tweeks:

As ALWAYS, create a backup copy of your Nations.ini FRIST before making these changes

For WWII Italy (Regia Aeronautica), I've been exeperimentating with a few changes in it's formation types.

Copy/Paste the info below directly OVER the existing entry for the RA (you DID backup the Nations.ini, right???)

[Nation078]

Name=WWII Italy

DisplayName=Regia Aeronautica

Alignment=ENEMY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

Mercenary=FALSE

PilotNameList=NamesItalian.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber

Formation.Transport=SovietBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat

Medals=MedalsItal.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsItal.str

basically, the only real change is using the Soviet bomber formation callouts. That should give you a base number of 3 aircraft at minimum.

Now, I don't know if this 'Active Date=' will work in 06 level games; I know it does in 08 and SF2, but scroll back up until yo find the stock Italy reference -it's #11 obviously as seen below, and copy/paste the data over the existing statement:

[Nation011]

Name=Italy

DisplayName=Italian Co-Belligerent Air Force

Alignment=FRIENDLY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

Mercenary=FALSE

PilotNameList=NamesItalian.lst

RankList=RanksUSAF.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=USFighter

Formation.Attack=USFighter

Formation.Bomber=USBomber

Formation.Transport=USBomber

Formation.Tank=USTank

Formation.MobileAD=USAD

PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat

Medals=MedalsItal.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsItal.str

ActiveDate=1944

I know the year date is off a few months (from Sept, 1943 in Real Life ™), but we can only use whole year statements in 06 levels.

With any luck, this'll give another Allied Air Force for the late war years.

EDIT: if "ActiveDate" dosen't work, try "ActiveYear", as we know that statement works for the aircraft data inis, terrain targets & types inis, etc.

Wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Partial Fixes for DAT aircraft that Explode on the Runway:

This has been driving me absolutly frustrated crazy insane trying to keep certain aircraft from the 'bouncy-jiggly, rock-back-and-forth, flip over and explode' issue for the 2+ years. Nobody seems to want to address the issue, so I've been going round and round trying to figure out WHY certain aircarft have this problem.

These following aircraft seem to most effected:

Re.2000

Re.2001

Re.2002

As these are fairly important RA aircraft for the beginning of the war, the NEED fixing!!

I've narrowed it down to configurations in the landing gear statements in the data ini, and possibly CG placement; although I know far to little about aerodynamics to be sure. Now, this fix is NOT perfect...in fact while testing, aircraft further down the taxi line STILL rocked up/down back/forth as aircraft ahead moved up, but didn't flip over and explode.

I'd VERY much like you all to test this, and PLEASE post your finding or other tweeks in the main Threads below.

So, make a backup copy FIRST of the data inis for the affected aircraft listed above!!. Then, open the data inis and scroll down to the landing gear statements. Copy/Paste the data below DIRECTLY OVER the existing statements:

[TailGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=3.0

AnimationID=4

DragArea=0.01

ModelNodeName=TailGear

ShockAnimationID=

ShockNodeName=

ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=3.0

DampingFactor=2.0

WheelNodeName=TailWheel

RotationAxis=X-AXIS

RollingRadius=0.15

ReverseWheelRotation=TRUE

CastoringWheel=TRUE

CastoringNodeName=

ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE

Steerable=TRUE

MaxSteeringSpeed=45.0

Locking=TRUE

MaxSteeringAngle=-45.0

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ReverseInput=TRUE

ControlRate=3.0

HasBrakes=FALSE

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=77.2

[LeftMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=3.0

AnimationID=2

DragArea=0.90

HideGearNode=FALSE

ModelNodeName=Gear_L

ShockAnimationID=

ShockNodeName=

ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS

ReverseShockOrientation=

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=1.50

DampingFactor=4.0

WheelNodeName=Tire_L

RotationAxis=X-AXIS

RollingRadius=0.750

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=0.75

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=77.2

[RightMainGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=3.0

AnimationID=3

DragArea=0.90

HideGearNode=FALSE

ModelNodeName=Gear_R

ShockAnimationID=

ShockNodeName=

ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS

ReverseShockOrientation=

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=1.50

DampingFactor=4.0

WheelNodeName=Tire_R

RotationAxis=X-AXIS

ReverseModelOrientation=FALSE

RollingRadius=0.750

CastoringWheel=FALSE

HasBrakes=TRUE

BrakingCoefficient=0.75

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=77.2

The changes mostly relate to the sping and damping factors, and MAY need futher adjustments.

Now, if you want to experiment with the move CG positioning, scroll back up to the top, where the ]AircraftData[ section is. Copy/paste these 2 lines over the existing CG statement:

//CGPosition=0.00,-0.25,0.00

CGPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0

for grins, you can add this line anywhere in that section; this'll give metric readings on the little window on the lower left:

UseMetricUnit=TRUE

AND...if you want to change the canopy from auto-speed to an animation key, replace the Canopy statements with this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=4.0

AnimationID=7

AND...if you want to add a little armor for the pilot (as I recently discovered in one of my reaearches, there WAS an armored seat back on these), and something for him to park it on (ie: add a seat!)

replace the //Crew section with this:

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=PilotWW2Early

Position=0.00,-0.495,0.87

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=0.00,-0.48,0.6

MinExtentPosition=-0.35,-0.2,0.7

MaxExtentPosition= 0.35,-0.7,1.2

CanopyNodeName=Canopy

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=10

Armor[REAR].Thickness=8

The FRONT armor section is supposed to represnt the engine; not enough obvously for a large radaial or V12 inline that's 4 feet long, but it'll give a bit more protection.

So, once again, PLEASE test these landing gear fixes, and if you discover any improvemnts PLEASE post them!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Quickie Cockpit tweek for DATs Mc-200 Seatta:

What this will do is 'move' the side canopy glass and framework out of sight, as this aircraft didn't have a fully enclosed cockpit.

As always, Make a Backup Copy of the Original Mc-200_cockpit.ini!!!! Simply open it, and 'save as...' ori-Mc-200_cockpit.ini. This'll prevent data loss of something goes south.

Open, now reopen the cockpit ini, and add the following lines at the end of the Instrument listings:

//moves//

Instrument[030]=Move1

Instrument[031]=Move2

Instrument[032]=Move3

Then, add these to at the very bottom of the ini:

///moves///

[Move1]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=CanopyFrameL

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move2]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=CanopyFrameR

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

[Move3]

Type=AIRSPEED_INDICATOR

NodeName=Canopy

MovementType=POSITION_Z

Set[01].Position=-100

Set[01].Value=0.0

Set[02].Position=-99

Set[02].Value=1.0

This'll remove the side glass and framing, while leaving the rear view mirror intact.

The only thing I haven't done, is try and recalibrate the measurments (knots, feet, etc) to Metric values. I just left them alone.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Some Tweeks for Pasko's Yaks

For the following aircraft:

Yak-3

Yak-3RD

Yak-9

Yak-9U

Yak-15

While fiddling with some of these in my Korean War install, and discussing some FM details with Charles & Capun on a new Hurricane variant, came across a few fixes/mods to either activate or tweek items.

First off, as for FM, this is NOT a perfect fix for 08/SF2 level games. It WILL however, make the aircraft a bit smoother flying, and even things out a bit. There are other parts of the aircraft control statements that need updating, in particular how stalls are modeled, but this will help! I've tested this in both my 06 KAW and a 'generic' 08 WoE install.

After opening the Data ini for the various aircraft, you'llwant to start by looking at these sections:

LeftWing

RightWing

LeftOuterWing

RightOuterWing

LeftStab

RightStab

What we're looking for is the Ymac value.

For those surfaces that are on the LEFT side of the aircraft; our example shown in the LeftWing's callout; the other section will probably have different numbers, but this will give you the general idea. The statement should read as:

Ymac=-1.06

For the RIGHT side;

Ymac=1.06

Basically, the Left side of the aircraft must be a NEGATIVE number

The RIGHT side must be a POSITIVE number.

It's a easy fix; you just delete the minus sign - from the right side Ymac statements, and that's that.

I've also figured out how to active the canopy, and switched it to an animation key. Fortunately, all of Pakso's birds use the same animation numbers, so the statement can be copy/pasted into them all the same.

NOTE: the Yak-3RD and Yak-15 don't seem to 'take' this fix; for whatever reason. Further experimentation is ongoing.

With the data ini still open for whichever Yak you're working on, make sure the system name exists for the canopy.

I've put mine Fuselage callout, so add this line, where *** is the next number in sequence:

SystemName[***]=Canopy

scroll down to the crew section, and just above the pilot callout, add this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=7

You can now open and close the canopy with the Shift/0 key.

Down just below, in the Pilot section (note: shown is for the Yak-3), make sure the CanopyNodeName= line exists, with the proper mesh calledout:

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

Position=0.0,-0.55,0.56

PILOTMODELNAME=WW2PILOT.LOD

MinExtentPosition=-0.25, 0.05,-0.15

MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,-0.60, 0.80

CanopyNodeName=CanopyFrame <--- this line

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=10

Armor[TOP].Thickness=0

Armor[REAR].Thickness=10

Armor

.Thickness=5

Armor

.Thickness=5

you'll also note that I added a little armor to it. May or may not help surviveability!

Also, if you haven't added this line to the {AircarftData} section, just drop it anywhere's in there:

UseMetricUnit=TRUE

if you fly with the 'info window' on in the lower left corner, it'll now read KMPH and meters altitude.

If you've converted them over to use Kesselbrut's Yak-3 pit (this goes for the 3, 9, 9U, and the mixed-power 3RD and pure jet 15), you should open the cockpit ini, and change the ValueUnit= for the airspeed gauge to read:

ValueUnit=KMPH

double check the altimeter that is also reads as

ValueUnit=METERS

For the Verticle Velocity Indicator, use this:

ValueUnit=MPS

and that metricizes the cockpit!

wrench

kevin stein

Quickie Fixes for DATs Hurricanes and Spitfires:

Like above, we're going to look at the Ymac values in the

LeftWing

RightWing

LeftOuterWing

RightOuterWing

LeftStab

RightStab

sections.

Like above, make sure the Left side is a negative number, and the Right side a positive number. You may find that some already are correctly stated.

Fix for aircraft pulling on Autopilot Takeoffs:

Oddly enough, it only seems to show when taking off on autopilot, in the player aircraft.

In the data ini, down in the Engine sections, look for this line (shown is the Hurricane, Spitfires are similiar:

ThrustPosition=0.0,3.05,0.10

I've highlighted the "offending" section; this was originally to represent torque movement of the aircraft. What you need to, is simply change it to read:

ThrustPosition=0.0,3.05,0.0

This will 'center' the thrustline, and remove the torque-induced swing.

This, and the Ymac tweek was extensively tested by me in BOTH 06 level WW2 WoE installs and 08 level game; in particular for my "stand-in" Isreali Mk.9 Spit and EAF Mk.5 Trop in 08 WoI. I can tell you right off, there's a MAJOR difference in how it handles. Mind you, there are still other corrections that need making, and as Charles finds them, I'll pass them on.

---

It should also be noted, that 08 level FMs exist for the following aircraf, available in the DAT's "Wings Over Timor" mod:

La-11

Vampire

Sea Fury

Mig-15bis

Meteor F.8

F2A Buffalo

Ki-43 Oscar (ArmorDave)

C-47B

Firefly Mk.5

and a few others

As time permits, I'm going to try and get these fixes posted. Perhaps, even as aircraft mods. In particular for those aircraft relevant to Korea (ie: all 3 variants of Bunyap's La-11 Fang -PLAAF, VVS, NKPAF)

I've tested an upgraded Vampire 50 in WoI, using Charles new FM data, added the canopy statements, and it handles pretty damn good in my opinion!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Canopy Tweeks for Pasko's F-82G Twin Mustang

Also, by inference, for the ETO and PTO "What If..." versions I relased some time ago.

As always, save a backup copy of the aircraft's Data Ini!!!

Open the F-82's data ini, and scroll down until you find the ]LeftFuselage[ section, and add the following new SystemName, where *** is the next number in sequence

SystemName[***]=Canopy

Scroll down more, to the ]RightFueleage[ section (it's just below the Left one, add the following SystemName:

SystemName[***]=Canopy01

Continue scrolling down, until you reach the //Crew------ section. Copy/Paste the statement below just above the seperator line, or you can even place it IN the crew section

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID=7

Now, while looking at the 2 pilot callouts (Pilot and RadioOperator), you'll need to add the canopy statement, the meshes are named differently, so here's the ENTIRE pilots section. Copy/Paste it over the existing statments (yes, I KNOW the armor values are wrong, having checked in the Pilot's Handbook for F-82)

You'll note the use of the WW2Pilot, and the addition of the seat. My PTO version ALREADY has the seat installed, so it dosen't matter if you overwrite it.

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

Position=-2.26, -0.36, 0.60

PILOTMODELNAME=PilotWW

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=-2.26,-0.46,0.20

MinExtentPosition=-2.51, 0.42,-0.12

MaxExtentPosition=-2.01, 0.01, 0.82

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=15

Armor[REAR].Thickness=10

Armor

.Thickness=5

Armor

.Thickness=5

Armor[TOP].Thickness=0

Armor[bOTTOM].Thickness=5

CanopyNodeName=Canopy

[RadarOperator]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

Position= 2.26, -0.36, 0.60

PILOTMODELNAME=PilotWW

SeatModelName=seat_f-100

SeatPosition=2.26,-0.46,0.20

MinExtentPosition= 2.01, 0.42,-0.12

MaxExtentPosition= 2.51, 0.01, 0.82

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=15

Armor[REAR].Thickness=10

Armor

.Thickness=5

Armor

.Thickness=5

Armor[TOP].Thickness=0

Armor[bOTTOM].Thickness=5

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE

CanopyNodeName=Canopy01

For the F-82G, Korean War version, you can swap out the pilot figure for something more era-appropriate.

Shift/0 will open and close the canopies now. They move kinda slow, so ... don't expect a snap-action. You can speed it up by shortening the AnimationTime= line to maybe 2.0 or 2.10. Adjust to taste.

Enjoy!

Wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Fix for Non-Borsighted Guns on Pasko's F4F-4 Wildcat

(this came to me while working on the Midway Terrain Upgrade, as I found I couldn't hit much of anything, as the gun tracer streams weren't pointing AT the enemy! Guess I'd forgotten to update my PTO Wildcats, like I'd done for the MTO USN and FAA Martlets!)

Also, for the F4F-3 mod I did some time ago.....

What this 'tweek' will do is get all the gun pointed in the same direction

Ok, open up the aircraft's data ini... our first example is for my -3 variant, and REPLACE the 4 MG statements with that shown below. Easiest way, is to simply copy/paste the new data DIRECTLY over the existing gun statements. Ammo counts are also corrected.

F4F-3 --

[LeftMachineGun01]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=-2.19, 0.71, 0.17

LightPosition=-2.19, 0.71, 0.17

MaxAmmo=450

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-2.19,-0.42, 0.17

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0

MinExtentPosition=-2.10, 0.50, 0.05

MaxExtentPosition=-2.60,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=-0.3,0.0,0.0

[RightMachineGun01]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition= 2.19, 0.71, 0.17

LightPosition= 2.19, 0.71, 0.17

MaxAmmo=450

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition= 2.19,-0.42, 0.17

MinExtentPosition= 2.10, 0.50, 0.05

MaxExtentPosition= 2.60,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=0.3,0.0,0.0

[LeftMachineGun02]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition=-1.96, 0.73, 0.14

LightPosition=-1.96, 0.73, 0.14

MaxAmmo=450

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-1.96,-0.25, 0.14

MinExtentPosition=-1.70, 0.50, 0.00

MaxExtentPosition=-2.00,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=-0.3,0.0,0.0

[RightMachineGun02]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition= 1.96, 0.73, 0.14

LightPosition= 1.96, 0.73, 0.14

MaxAmmo=450

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition= 1.96,-0.25, 0.14

MinExtentPosition= 1.70, 0.50, 0.00

MaxExtentPosition= 2.00,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=0.3,0.0,0.0

F4F-4:

[LeftMachineGun01]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition=-3.08, 0.66, 0.22

LightPosition=-3.08, 0.66, 0.22

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-3.08,-0.25, 0.22

MinExtentPosition=-2.85, 0.60, 0.15

MaxExtentPosition=-3.35,-0.80, 0.35

AimAngles=-0.3,0.0,0.0

[RightMachineGun01]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition= 3.08, 0.66, 0.22

LightPosition= 3.08, 0.66, 0.22

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition= 3.08,-0.25, 0.22

MinExtentPosition= 2.85, 0.60, 0.15

MaxExtentPosition= 3.35,-0.80, 0.35

AimAngles=0.3,0.0,0.0

[LeftMachineGun02]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition=-2.19, 0.71, 0.17

LightPosition=-2.19, 0.71, 0.17

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-2.19,-0.42, 0.17

MinExtentPosition=-2.10, 0.50, 0.05

MaxExtentPosition=-2.60,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=-0.3,0.0,0.0

[RightMachineGun02]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition= 2.19, 0.71, 0.17

LightPosition= 2.19, 0.71, 0.17

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition= 2.19,-0.42, 0.17

MinExtentPosition= 2.10, 0.50, 0.05

MaxExtentPosition= 2.60,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=0.3,0.0,0.0

[LeftMachineGun03]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition=-1.96, 0.73, 0.14

LightPosition=-1.96, 0.73, 0.14

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition=-1.96,-0.25, 0.14

MinExtentPosition=-1.70, 0.50, 0.00

MaxExtentPosition=-2.00,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=-0.3,0.0,0.0

[RightMachineGun03]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=50CAL_M2

MuzzlePosition= 1.96, 0.73, 0.14

LightPosition= 1.96, 0.73, 0.14

MaxAmmo=240

EjectShells=TRUE

EjectPosition= 1.96,-0.25, 0.14

MinExtentPosition= 1.70, 0.50, 0.00

MaxExtentPosition= 2.00,-0.90, 0.25

AimAngles=0.3,0.0,0.0

And...if you haven't converted the canopy opening/closing from auto-speed to an animation key, replace the Canopy statement with this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=4.0

AnimationID=8

It uses Shift/0 to open and close it now.

Wrench

kevin stein