Sign in to follow this  
Spectre_USA

SF2:E, very limited singles selections.

Hi folks.

So I finally made the plunge into SF2 land, but while slowly adding 3rd party aircraft, I have discovered an issue.

Now that the Talons have been added, I am trying to do get them in as chase planes on the range, but all I get are stock aircraft of the era, but no 3rd party ones.

Is there an INI file I can add them to so they show up as AI for my favorite type of single, mixed flights?

Couple of things:

1. First, are mods activated (check your options.ini file).

2. Second, did you put the aircraft in the mod folder, under Objects/Aircraft

3. Third, I believe the only mission the T-38 can do is recon...any other mission and it won't show up.

FC

Couple of things:

1. First, are mods activated (check your options.ini file).

2. Second, did you put the aircraft in the mod folder, under Objects/Aircraft

3. Third, I believe the only mission the T-38 can do is recon...any other mission and it won't show up.

FC

1> Er, what? Do you mean in general, like this?

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory c:\...

2> Yes.

3> Er, what? (:biggrin:) I would not have thought it would be limited to AI by the type of mission. :dntknw:

I can choose them and fly them myself just fine. I just lurve mixed wings, and have wanted a T-38 chase plane for a long time. They've flown wing on some of the

cooles aerospace vehicles for the longest time...

Edited by Spectre_USA

Yea, anyone you pick for your flight must be able to do the same type of mission you do. So, yea, if you do recon, you can pick a T-38 as your wingman...however, any other mission...

FC

I've flown single mission as MiGs against 3rd party F-5s (actually a favorite of the mission generator for some reason) in the 60s and 70s. I've also flown as MiGs against 3rd party EF-2000 in 2000's. It depends on the era and the proportion of stock vs. 3rd party.

And now, since there are country limitations for each plane and country limitations for each map, then single mission possibilites are now limited. The Desert map of SF2 will be the most diverse since the map has no country limitaions unlike Vietnam (very limited) and Europe (slightly limited). The new limitations are implemented because of the merged install concept such that Vietnam single missions will still feel like Vietnam, etc.

Edited by jomni

Well, that seems to have gotten it!

I just added Strike to the capabilities of the Talon, and had a Dyess T-38 running chase on a Dyess B-1B.

Something I've wanted to do for quite a while.

Thanks for the insight gents, and I will be sure to remove it before flying another campaign mission, or the defenseless trainers will fall fast...

post-310-1246864499_thumb.jpg

I've flown single mission as MiGs against 3rd party F-5s (actually a favorite of the mission generator for some reason) in the 60s and 70s. I've also flown as MiGs against 3rd party EF-2000 in 2000's. It depends on the era and the proportion of stock vs. 3rd party.

And now, since there are country limitations for each plane and country limitations for each map, then single mission possibilites are now limited. The Desert map of SF2 will be the most diverse since the map has no country limitaions unlike Vietnam (very limited) and Europe (slightly limited). The new limitations are implemented because of the merged install concept such that Vietnam single missions will still feel like Vietnam, etc.

That is cool, so the dumb question is, how do you limit a map if you want to make a custom campaign, etc?

Or is that set by the map's Nations.ini file?

I think when you create the campaign, you define all the aircraft that can and will fly, so it wouldn't matter if you even had WW2 era planes installed, they wouldn't show up.

The Terrain_Nations.ini has only the TheatreName and Location numbers AFAIK. Then in the terrain_targets.ini you assign every area a location (corresponds to a country) Wrench can enlighten us here :biggrin:

Userlist is a very useful feature, but applies to all maps I think.. On the other hand I kind of remember a setting to limit aircraft to a Theatre? :dntknw:

Edit: for the record terrain_nations.ini also contains default settings (formations,skills..) for nations.

Edited by pureblue