Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Complete Re-installation required

I need to completely re-install CFS3 and OFF. No, nothing went wrong. I just got my new computer, and need to install all my favourite stuff onto this one.

So, just to remind me... I need to install CFS3 to version 3.1 standard, then install OFF, then patch it to which version? And which patches do I need to download?

I need to completely re-install CFS3 and OFF. No, nothing went wrong. I just got my new computer, and need to install all my favourite stuff onto this one.

So, just to remind me... I need to install CFS3 to version 3.1 standard, then install OFF, then patch it to which version? And which patches do I need to download?

AFAIK, all patches are complete so you'll only need the latest. And don't forget to fly at least once with the 3.1 install of CFS3... I think that's still a requirement for the CD version.

If nothing helps, go to www.overflandersfields.com to check the FAQs or infos.

Actually the last patch is not complete patch it is a mini update (as is the one before) so.....

See the Downloads page on our website, it is all clearly stated and explained as to what you need. A fresh install you will need to basically download ALL patches on the top of the download page , and install all in order..

"And don't forget to fly at least once with the 3.1 install of CFS3"

And, frankly, once you've done that, I doubt you'd ever want to fly CFS3 again. Utterly awful compared to the sublime realism (within certain bounds, natch) of IL2.

Still, I suppose it makes it all the more impressive that Winder and the rest of the OBD mob could take such a red-haired child and turn it into something rather better.

Cheers,

Si

PS - if you're an OBD fellow and reading the above as a panegyric of praise for OFF, I'd like to point out that I still wish to see the aircraft rosters filled out, transfers available (memories of RB3D I suppose) and a shorter loading time on missions. Other than than, I'm pretty happy. Oh, I could do with being a somewhat less s**t pilot, but I suspect that that might be beyond your ability to sort out...

Dunno about the rest of your post themightysrc but I reckon that's the first time anyone's said 'panegyric' on these fora. Kudos.

I don't know what a "panegyric" might be, but it sounds like he should have his doctor look at it, pronto! :lol: