Hi gents. Well as anyone from the OFF forums could tell you I am a knucklehead with a moron chip malfunction. My current problem is that I have installed Forgotten Battles and that works but when I try to install the AEP disc I get the message that it cannot find the FB program, it's right there on the C drive. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? If I get AEP installed I then intend to install Pacific Fighters. Then, I understand, I should download and install the "combined" patch. Would this be the correct route to take? I know I should get IL2 1946 but I don't yet have it and these fell into my lap. I am new to IL2 and would appreciate any advice. My pc and gear are all good to go it's just that I am not the brightest idiot light on the dashboard. :blink:

I never had that problem way back when I got AEP. Did you install FB into the default directory, or did you change it?

It is installed to the default C drive. I am running Vista 32. No problem installing FB. I did a reinstall of FB but still no joy for AEP.

Of course AEP predates Vista by a good amount, so I'm wondering if there's some detection routine in AEP's installer that's getting confused. Have you tried running the AEP setup in XP compatiblity mode?

Hi, yes, I tried XP install for both but still AEP did not work yet. I have decided to get 1946. Then I'll a have good install. I am flying plain FB for now. My intent really was to experience IL2 and see how I like it and how well my rig would handle it. Well my rig can run it just great and the game looks wonderful and plays great so far. So it's a big thumbs up an all systems go for getting into IL2 in a serious way. Late to the party I know but besides flying the WWII birds I look forward to Canvas Knights multi-player. Thanks for trying to help.