Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

My First Landing...

Ive played a LOT of IL2. got the hang of landing down pretty well. But I didnt study as carefully as I should have in this game when I got it. My first flight and first pass, dont know squat about an ILS system, come in too fast even for a jet, decide at last second to go around, raise flaps and hit the burner. This time I come in, not as fast though still too much, but using airbrake and full flaps. I touch down waaaaay too far down the strip, still coulda made it but didnt deploy chute and forgot where wheelbrake toggle was, lol. Wound up in the cow pasture at end of runway front wheel half buried. Decided to open canopy for fresh air to let bad smell in pants disipate. :blink:

1stlanding.jpg

Next time I read the manual and have keycard handy, lol. Of course, any landing you can walk away from...

happened to me as well LOL

i almost missed the runway, only in the middle of it i got a thuchdown

the jet almost crashed hehe :lol:

Speaking of TouchDowns....

GO COLTS!!!!!

VSD - Perhaps your friend was referring to the Wisconsin Badgers. I wouldn't know for sure without asking. Their football/touchdown season is over, but he may be cheering on their Hockey or Basketball teams. Perhaps he is just a fan of the University. Asking him would be the best way to find out. Ta.

VSD - Perhaps your friend was referring to the Wisconsin Badgers.  I wouldn't know for sure without asking.  Their football/touchdown season is over, but he may be cheering on their Hockey or Basketball teams.  Perhaps he is just a fan of the University.  Asking him would be the best way to find out.  Ta.

well, either that or he saw the smilie and decided it went with his nickname ;)