from what I've been able to find, JA-111 was his personal aircraft

Just want to say how much I love this pack! I've been slowly adding the early NATO birds in to my SF2:Europe install, and added this pack last night. I did my own 'tank fix' before seeing this thread and existing fixes, but I get as much enjoyment from researching and tweaking the planes (as far as my limited knowledge allows) as I do 'flying them'.  Haven't been tempted to fiddle with the FM for this mod or the othes Sabres (KAW, F-86F etc) aside from some very basic engine thrust tweaks, as I don't want to break anything.

Massive thanks again to the community, all this amazing work is very much appreciated!

KB

• Like 1

This doc (originally from AirDoc, but 'discovered' in a dusty corner of the interwebs this morning) is interesting, suggesting a Sabre Mk.6 date switch to GAF camo in either 1959 or 1962, but also including Canadian camo Mk.5s gifted to the Luftwaffe from 1957 (to 1961). Will look at adding these details to my SF2:Euro install utilising the existing Mk.5s here at the site. 

There were apparently still 'silver' Mk.6 GAF Sabres in service in 1961, but the doc states that GAF camo was in service on the Mk.6 from 1959 to 1968. I think I'll choose 1962 for my GAF camo date switch to match up in-game with the TW F-104Gs, as mentioned by Wrench.👍

AirDoc 48019 Luftwaffe Canadair Sabre 5_6.pdf

Edited by KiwiBiggles

The date switch for AIM-9 capability is a bit harder to nail down, but I think I will go with Duncan Curtis (North American F-86 Sabre, Crowood Aviation Series, p.149):

The Sabre continued in service for a while longer though, and in the early 1960s, many aircraft were modified to carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder missile, though JG71 machines did not receive this capability.

So, all things considered, I'm running with a '62 date switch for the Mk.6 'Late' in terms of both AIM-9 capability and GAF camo... should work out very nicely in my install.  :pilotfly:

don't forget, you can have date and nation specific loadouts!!! Say, RCAF Sabres have Sidewinders, but GAF don't in the same year spread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1