Sign in to follow this  
Gator

Review Of The Nostromo N52

After receiving this item for christmas from my better half i have spent the las 4 weeks playing on line using this little item to kill ELF's online.

I am happy to say the this item is a great little tool at a reasonable price. MFR is 50.00 us from Belkin. i am happy to say that it can be found by the frugal for around 20.00.

This item offers up a whopping 16 buttons d-pad and scroll wheel which has 3 modes of function totaling 48 possible button combos. the ergonomic design makes the adjustment guite easy. The software is also very nice with no visible quirks at this time. I programmed operation flashpoint and BF1942 in to the profile manager in about 15 minutes. This item takes full use of the direct x controller calls and makes key assignments extremely easy. overall i give this unit a 8 out of ten stars for quality and usefullness. It still has a slight bug witht he keyboard type buttons wanting to double press sometimes but is just a sensitivity thing in learning how hard to press the buttons. Here are some attatched files to look at:

FUL1_F8GFPC100.jpg

2003_1224Image0001.JPG

nostromo%20profiler.jpg

Thanks for the review

I allways both liked the look of it and the name. I just don't play enough FPS's to justify yet another gamecontroller. It allready looks cramped enough on my desktop

Cool. Thanks as well I'm very tempted but was wondering, is the D pad analog? Thats one thing that I would love to have an analoge control.

In otherwords is it contact sensitive?

The dpad is not analog. it is a digital contact pad....

Sorry...

This is a great unit. Although it will take about a week to get used to it....