Sign in to follow this  
Sweep

Some Features That Should Go In

Ola Dante, como vai ?

Well I want to suggest some features that could be implemented in JT Code as it is actually in "early alpha" stage.

Aerial Refuelling (even if I'm quite sure that it is already planned).

Random Failure events (engine, radar, instruments, radio etc...).

Triggers in the mission editor so we can set-up events, a la Jane's FA/18 (maybe already planned).

More to come

Ola Dante, como vai ?

Olá! Vou bem, obrigado! :)

Aerial Refuelling (even if I'm quite sure that it is already planned).

Yes, for the argentinean A-4 Skyhawks to reach the british fleet departing from the continent, they did aerial refuelling with KC-130 Hercules.

There was Victor / Vulcan massive aerial refuellings for the Black Buck missions - this is a sensitive issue - as JT is first concentrating in the single seat fighters / tactical aircraft, this long-range bombing missions will probably be A.I. based in the first release - but as Gustavo is implementing a load-by-demand system for SRTM terrain files, maybe we can extend an 'infinite' Atlantic Ocean up to 3000 miles north and them just load Ascension Island as needed - no promises, if this works, may it be a later Vulcan add-on/expansion pack. ;)

Random Failure events (engine, radar, instruments, radio etc...).

It was usual for the argentine planes to have guns jammed due to the cold weather in where they're based - specially the 20mm guns of the A-4, there's reports of an Argentine pilot who was in the 6 o'clock of an Sea Harrier and his guns failed - it was commented in this forum.

Triggers in the mission editor so we can set-up events, a la Jane's FA/18 (maybe already planned).

We'll study these Janes flight sims, as they're usually regarded to have powerful mission editors. I only have Janes F-15 (played a lot in the Iraq campaign, nice sim).

AH random failures, that's a good one. forgot to add it to my list of mission editor suggestions. Please make it selectable by individual planes though. Or if it's a global setting, make it so it does not effect all planes at the same time with the same fault. Or as a trigger that when the plane crosses the trigger it sets a differnet possible random failure for each plane that crosses the trigger.

Guest Shadowcat
Or as a trigger that when the plane crosses the trigger it sets a differnet possible random failure for each plane that crosses the trigger.

The trigger idea might be nice for setting up custom missions to practice emergency procedures, and possibly useful in training missions, but I'd certainly hope it wasn't used in the campaign.

I also wouldn't wish to see it done so that there was an X% chance of *something* going wrong, with the actual fault selected afterwards -- surely some faults are far less likely than others!

Random faults would still be a nice addition -- but it would be nice if it were reasonably accurate, statistically. If certain components almost never failed of their own accord, then the player should almost certainly never encounter it in the campaign.

On related notes, I'd very much like to see detailed damage modelling for the various aircraft components accurately affecting the flight model (where relevant), along with the possibility for problems with one or more components to eventually cause other problems with different components (again, where relevant), so that for instance a small leak may not have an immediate effect on the plane, but might slowly or eventually cause more noticeable issues for the pilot, as time goes by.

Also, perhaps certain failures would increase the probability of a random failure in particular related components?