Fleet Oiler

View File

This model represents a generic tanker, of the type that was in common use from just prior tp WWII, and then well into the late-20th century. It was originally a Google Sketchup model uploaded to Google's 3D Warehouse by "moom", and ported into the series by myself.

From the "ReadMe" file.

To install, just extract the oiler folder into your Groundobjects folder, and that it. In the original TW series (SF:P1, WoV, WoE, WoI), you'll find that folder in your main game directory.

In SF2, SF2V, SF2E, and SF2I, the folder may need to be created in My Documents. Please read the knowledge base at www.combatace.com for directions on how to do so.

You may add the model as is, but if you wish to enable its associated sounds, you'll need to add the two wav file sthat I've included, into your sounds folder, and you'll also need to edit your soundlist.ini file, to activate them.

Add the following entries to your Flight/soundlist.ini file (it may need to extracted from the flight data.cat). Make sure that you maintain the numbering sequence.

SoundFile0xx=ShipEngine

SoundFile0xx=Underway

[shipEngine]

Priority=LOW

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=2

MaxDist=2500.000000

MinDist=100.000000

InsideConeAngle=360

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=0

[underWay]

Priority=HIGH

3DSound=TRUE

DopplerEffect=TRUE

Looped=TRUE

NumBuffers=4

MaxDist=1500.000000

MinDist=10.000000

InsideConeAngle=360

OutsideConeAngle=360

ConeOutsideVolume=0

Cheers, Fubar512

Good work, thanks for this Fubar.

At first I couldn't get it to work with the old WOE. No problems in SF2E.

I had to open the oiler ini files and save them as ANSI, using notepad++. It's that PITA unicode change in 2nd gen games I think. This makes me want to completely switch over to the new games, too much work to mess with compatibility issues..

I've been converting a few Sketchup models myself w/ amateur results... Is there an easy way we can make LODs to be used for further distances? Or would that be too much work, or needless maybe, this model didn't cause any slow downs anyway..

Edited by pureblue

Good work, thanks for this Fubar.

At first I couldn't get it to work with the old WOE. No problems in SF2E.

I had to open the oiler ini files and save them as ANSI, using notepad++. It's that PITA unicode change in 2nd gen games I think. This makes me want to completely switch over to the new games, too much work to mess with compatibility issues..

I've been converting a few Sketchup models myself w/ amateur results... Is there an easy way we can make LODs to be used for further distances? Or would that be too much work, or needless maybe, this model didn't cause any slow downs anyway..

That's strange, as I've saved all the .ini files in the distribution packge in ANSI, to start with.

Anyhow, in order to create graduated LOD files, one would need to edit the model, reducing it's poly count and detail, and then export each successive version as LOD001, LOD002, etc. I'm afraid that I'm yet not proficient enough in 'MAX to do so, myself, nor to provide one with directions :no:

Actually Ed, I'd be curious as to how hard was it to import the model from Sketchup into MAX, what was lost and what was kept.

FC

Actually Ed, I'd be curious as to how hard was it to import the model from Sketchup into MAX, what was lost and what was kept.

FC

You have mail..... :biggrin: