Sign in to follow this  
Cagallon

REAR GUNNERS

I think the accuracy of the rear gunners is insane.

Rear gunners are serial killers.

Everytime i find a bunch of two seaters.... well.... i'm dead.

I think peter01 solved this problem. But i can't find the topic about it.

Can somebody help me??

I think you need Peter's FMs for Nov 2008 Patch update

Here

I downloaded them - They are really good (deadly aces)

But i think that the two seaters are still unbeatables.

Did you install all the files that come with the FMs? This will tone down the gunners enough that effective strategies against armed bombers will at least give you a chance. That doesn't mean you can "park" behind a formation and plink em one at a time with reckless abandon. :no:

Did you install all the files that come with the FMs? This will tone down the gunners enough that effective strategies against armed bombers will at least give you a chance. That doesn't mean you can "park" behind a formation and plink em one at a time with reckless abandon. :no:

LOL!!!

What does mean effective strategies???

I have just fought a couple of Dfwc5 with my Spad 13 and they shooted me down in FLAMES!!!

High speed slashing attacks from above, extend, climb and repeat. Don't forget the under side. Come around from underneath, slash and shoot, extend, repeat. Try and keep in mind the gunner's field of fire. Don't fly through the middle of a formation. Don't fly in a straight line for very long. Keep your speed up. Good deflection shooting is a must. Watch your six because if the pilot gets a chance he's going to shoot you too. :biggrin:

Edited by Tailspin

It seems to me alot of sims suffer with the "Dead eyed Dick" rear gunner problem!

In fact it is very hard to hit another aircraft that is moving about at speed, from another aircraft that is moving about at speed with a machine gun that also moves and has (Up until the invention of the hydraulic turret) to be shifted about manually!

Having said that Richthofen was badly wounded by (I stand to be corrected) the rear gunner of an RE8.

Those gunners really lock on to you and let you have it. A little too much I agree. But If you use some tactics you can survive an attack on a two seater. Maybe even two. As Tailspin said, get under them at about six o'clock or dive on them from above. Remember the two seaters were just as fast as the fighters. Some faster. So you really only can get one or two passes before they get away from you. I think the guns of my own aircraft should be a bit more potent. Even with a good bead on a plane it still takes half my ammo.(sometimes). But as I was saying, attacking two-seaters was a dangerous business. Many aces fell to two-seaters. So I think it's not all that inaccurate.

Those gunners really lock on to you and let you have it. A little too much I agree. But If you use some tactics you can survive an attack on a two seater. Maybe even two. As Tailspin said, get under them at about six o'clock or dive on them from above. Remember the two seaters were just as fast as the fighters. Some faster. So you really only can get one or two passes before they get away from you. I think the guns of my own aircraft should be a bit more potent. Even with a good bead on a plane it still takes half my ammo.(sometimes). But as I was saying, attacking two-seaters was a dangerous business. Many aces fell to two-seaters. So I think it's not all that inaccurate.

Right on.

You need a lot of ammo to take down a Dfwc5.

Maybe peter01 should tone down a little bit the armor of the two seaters.

I think the two seaters were built with the same materials than other planes like the fighters.