Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Thinking About Buying This One

How well will it run on my PC, (specs below)? I did that WinXP system test for it and it said I was way above the scale, but I really dont trust it that well. Also, what about that new water texture all you guys have, does that have a big affect on FPS?

SPECS

AMD Athlon 1.8ghz

gForce 3Ti 64meg

256 RAM

54X CD/RW

Thanks all!

you will probably have to tone your details down. A GF3 is alttle lite for this game especially with a processor under 2 gig.

A GF3 is alttle lite for this game especially with a processor under 2 gig.

Personally, I think that's bull. While upgrading never hurts (well, rarely), I have system worse than that, and I can still run it with pretty good details. I have to settle for about 15 fps, but that's perfectly flyable/playable. Here's my rig:

P4 1.7 GHz

384 Mb PC133 RAM

Nvidia Vanta 16 Mb

You'll have to sacrifice some details for fps, but with some tweaking, you'll be able to run the game fine. And it'll still look great. I wouldn't worry bout it much ;)

Get it, you won't be sorry!!!!

I have so much fun with this sim. The graphics are awesome, and the ability to fly multiplayer is so easy. Just the other night, I flew a hop with four other guys in Germany, and it was a blast - talking to them, and enjoying the view.

You will find it amazing!

Navy Chief

Hey Cowboy, don't know how well your machine will run it, but I got to say, this is one cool sim. If there is a chance you can run it, I would say go for it. If your like me, I'll buy a game that is marginal on my current machine with the anticipation of it running much smoother and better on my next re-build. This sim is the kind of game that will stay on my machine and get played for a long long time. So much to do. And for me, so much to learn. ;)

A GF3 is alttle lite for this game especially with a processor under 2 gig.

Personally, I think that's bull. While upgrading never hurts (well, rarely), I have system worse than that, and I can still run it with pretty good details. I have to settle for about 15 fps, but that's perfectly flyable/playable. Here's my rig:

P4 1.7 GHz

384 Mb PC133 RAM

Nvidia Vanta 16 Mb

You'll have to sacrifice some details for fps, but with some tweaking, you'll be able to run the game fine. And it'll still look great. I wouldn't worry bout it much ;)

well all I can say is the guy who does the skin work for our NEMAI package has a system similar to this and when he added this package it dropped him to single digits in Framerates.

What are you sliders at, do you have Autogen and AI on?

Those are the frame rate killers and I don't believe you can get the water effects from a GF3.

over%20Cape%20Cod.jpg

well all I can say is the guy who does the skin work for our NEMAI package has a system similar to this and when he added this package it dropped him to single digits in Framerates.

What are you sliders at, do you have Autogen and AI on?

Those are the frame rate killers and I don't believe you can get the water effects from a GF3.

my display sliders:

Scenery:

- Terrain Mesh = 51% (won't go to stright 50%, lol)

- Terrain texture = Medium

- Terrain detail = land and water

- Water effects = none (won't show up on my Vanta anyways)

- Special Effects = medium

- Scenery complexity = Very Dense

- Autogen density = Normal

- Addon density = Extremely dense

- Extended Terrain, lens flare checked

Aircraft:

- Ultra High

Weather:

- Everything is down as low as possible.

- Detailed clouds, with density at low (I just didn't like the look of the simple clouds)

Hardware:

- 1024x768x16

- Bilinear filtering

- MIP = 8 (though I set it to 6 if I know I'm flying in cities, doesn't affect the look too much)

- Hardware rendered lights = 4

- Global map texture size = High

Ai is at 66% (and the only reason for that is because 100% seemed TOO busy, and not a good representation)

Like I said, this gives me about 15 fps in the country, about 10 in cities. While I would rather have 30+ fps all the time, doing that looks like crap. To me, my fps is perfectly flyable, and it doesn't look all that bad. Just depends on the owner. Cowboy, I'm sure with your system, you'll be able to pull off 15+ in even the most fps hogging places with some tweaking.

Edited by PG_Raptor