Sign in to follow this  
Pong532

Couple of questions regarding Wings over Vietnam

Okay. I’ve been having trouble with some add-on aircraft in WOV. Several aircraft have a “Weapons” folder which includes some add-on weapons, but when I first installed WOV it did not have the weapons folder or weaponsdata.ini file. And when I created the folder and config file, the weapons did not work. How can I make these files and folders work?

Another problem is high res skins. Some of the add-ons (i.e F-102) had 1024x1024 skins, but the game crashes every time I load the plane. I had to resize the skins to the default 512x512 res to keep it from rebooting my PC. Hence the question, how do I make these skins work?

If anyone can help me with these problems I’d appreciate it.

concerning the weapons, get the latest weapons editor and proceed with extracting the weaponsdata.ini file,then add weapon to list, save ini file and it should be good to go. the skins problem i cant help you with, but im sure someone will.

You resized the skins to 512 x 512 but they are not appearing is that the problem?

RE the weapons - no the game doesnt have a weapons folder by default - you just create that. There is no end of threads on this subject if you get stuck btw - and look in the knowledge base too

You resized the skins to 512 x 512 but they are not appearing is that the problem?

No, several add-on aircraft included 1024 x 1024 skins that did not work in the game, so I had to resize them to 512 x 512 to get them up and running. So again how do I make the high res skins work?

Not come across that before tbh - have to assume your system cant handle it - what are your system specs? is it quite an old PC??

How do you know that it's the skin size that's crashing your machine?