Sign in to follow this  
Ras

Want to Join Squadron with different Scenery

I've been flying for all sides in the flat lands, and looking for a squadron (Germany, Britain, or France) that is flying in the forested and hilly regions that will stay in those areas. I found a Sopwith Strutter squad that was South of Nancy I believe but looking to fly in a scout squad. I know many of you have been there. What are your recommendations? Thank you

Well, try this map of Jastas andSquadrons:

http://patriot.net/~townsend/WW1AirMap2/

Before you go there, you should perhaps choose a region via Google Satelite maps.

Then in the WW1 airmap, you can unclick the national emblems you don't want to see (reacts a bit slow),

then left window, you can choose your way of choice.

Now go over the dots with your cursor and read, who was there for how long.

I saw, for example, that Jasta 79 was very long at Villeselve in 1918 - should be nice there.

Enjoy!

I've been flying for all sides in the flat lands, and looking for a squadron (Germany, Britain, or France) that is flying in the forested and hilly regions that will stay in those areas. I found a Sopwith Strutter squad that was South of Nancy I believe but looking to fly in a scout squad. I know many of you have been there. What are your recommendations? Thank you

When you select a squad the location is shown on the map.

The hilliest region is Alsace - Eastern most region next to Switzerland and then Verdun.

Marne and Somme are relatively flat.

Hun Scout Squad in Alsace: Jasta 14

Allied Scout Squad in Alsace : Esc 49 (French)

To name but one of each.

You can simply scroll through the squads and the location is always displayed on the map.

HTH

WM

I always enjoy flying for Germany in Verdun. I love the scenery, the hills and valleys, forests, etc. when it's not all clouded up and snowing.

The flights are usually challenging as there are less roads and rivers to navigate by and the front isn't always north to south. I usually don't last too long though before meeting my demise at a flock of Nieuports. The drawback is that there is less activity and not too many varieties of aircraft until OBD adds more. I would have to say, I have encounters at least 50% of the time with no aids and flying December 1916.

I always enjoy flying for Germany in Verdun. I love the scenery, the hills and valleys, forests, etc. when it's not all clouded up and snowing.

The flights are usually challenging as there are less roads and rivers to navigate by and the front isn't always north to south. I usually don't last too long though before meeting my demise at a flock of Nieuports. The drawback is that there is less activity and not too many varieties of aircraft until OBD adds more. I would have to say, I have encounters at least 50% of the time with no aids and flying December 1916.

Thanks everyone. I knew it showed the squadrons on the map but it seems they move around so much...but then I never last that long before I get shot down anyhow. :haha: