Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

Where'd the archie go?

Guys,

First, the problem I'm about to describe was not introduced in the latest patch, it was just the addition of the new improved archie that brought it to my attention - I'm not seeing any!

I've also noticed other effects have disappeared, notably the smoke trails from Le Prieur rockets and that nice little backfire from the exhaust of the Albatross engine.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers and I can't remember whether the problem manifested itself before or after installation as I spend a lot of time tweaking the graphics settings to find a good balance between quality and speed.

Have you guys any idea what particular setting, in game or out, that would affect the games ability to render these effects?

Regards,

Vasco :pilotfly:

You hit the nail right on the Head "effects", I have my slider on 4 and see everything mentioned, it's merely an 8600

On my old AGP rig ( which I'm screwing round with ) Pentium IV@3.4 is also at 4 and I see everything, and it's only a 7600GS

Perchance you wouldn't happen to running an ATI, or one of it's clones ?

Hi Uncle Al,

Nope, 2x Nvidia GTX280s running in SLI mode - all in game sliders to 5 except Terrain and Scenery which are set to 4. I've also never seen anything in the rear view mirror of any of the aircraft so equiped since I've been playing the game.

Regards,

Roll back to an earlier set - the latest drivers are FUBAR.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=44946

Well bugger me with the bell-end of a ragman's trumpet!

Problem solved - I placed all the in-game graphics settings to default, ran the game then reset in-game graphics to my usual preferences - and archie appeared!

Sometimes it's hard to fathom exactly why something happens or even how the solution worked.

Problem solved - I placed all the in-game graphics settings to default, ran the game then reset in-game graphics to my usual preferences - and archie appeared!

Sometimes it's hard to fathom exactly why something happens or even how the solution worked.

well..glad you got that all squared away john,,,,good piece of info to put aside for the next person with that problem.

can you elaborate on "all the in game graphics"? does that mean you reset cfs3config..or you talking about nvidia contol panel?

just outta curiosity,,,do you have the mirror now?

Err...glad your problem was solved. But I was eating my lunch when I read that line!! :blink:

well..glad you got that all squared away john,,,,good piece of info to put aside for the next person with that problem.

can you elaborate on "all the in game graphics"? does that mean you reset cfs3config..or you talking about nvidia contol panel?

just outta curiosity,,,do you have the mirror now?

Duck,

The in-game settings through the workshop. I just selected 'default', flew one QC mission then went back to the workshop and reverted back to all the custom settings I normally use.

P.S. Sorry about your lunch Barkhorn1x! :pardon: