Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Feedback/Questions on Quick Scenario Mode

Overall I like the QS mode and hope to see more flavors added in the future. The date override is straightforward but how do the following work?

- a/c skin - always the same?

- opposition a/c type, numbers, skins - always the same?

..and can more options be added in the future?

Thanks.

It's quick so generic squads, no Ace names, so no skins are not assigned. Craft will use whatever skins they had last time they were used.

More options are possible but not right now.

Overall I like the QS mode and hope to see more flavors added in the future. The date override is straightforward but how do the following work?

- a/c skin - always the same?

- opposition a/c type, numbers, skins - always the same?

..and can more options be added in the future?

Thanks.

Yes Barkhorn its a quick 'scenario' - it uses generic skins and is a generic 'scenario' based on a specific period of the war.

Its to allow users to have a quick taste of the campaign without resort to getting into a campaign and without all the dynamism of a campaign.

I do state this at the top of the Quick Scenario screen.

So it is not as comprehensive as the campaign and was never intended to be so but is intended to get new users into the Campaign scene easily - extended missions if you like.

Yes I contemplated allowing the user to change the player aircraft but its not built in yet and TBH we need to get on with P4 so we shall see what the future brings.

Actually the quick scenario option is an early release of P4 work anyway.

HTH

WM

"and TBH we need to get on with P4"

<rubs hands gleefully>

...and TBH we need to get on with P4 so we shall see what the future brings.

Actually the quick scenario option is an early release of P4 work anyway.

HTH

WM

Thanks for the response and don't let my requests hold you up. On to P4!!! :good:

Guest British_eh
And it eliminates the need for third party missions for Phase III, which can't be tested for WHAT impact they might have, in all situations.

Well, I suppose I'm one of the Third party kind of guys, and well, I suppose you really need to try a mission out. They work like anything else in QC, the difference being that they are scripted and not dynamic. However, that being said, it allows the creator latitude on how the Mission plays out. For instance, you will never get a Mission in Campaign or QC, like the GB Productions 9. Try it, you might like it. :biggrin:

Cheers,

British_eh

Well, I suppose I'm one of the Third party kind of guys, and well, I suppose you really need to try a mission out. They work like anything else in QC, the difference being that they are scripted and not dynamic. However, that being said, it allows the creator latitude on how the Mission plays out. For instance, you will never get a Mission in Campaign or QC, like the GB Productions 9. Try it, you might like it. :biggrin:

Cheers,

British_eh

Yes we encourage the creation of third party missions for OFF as usual, and always will .....so ignore uncleal.

Please note that user missions must now reside in \scenarios\'nation'.

This improved houskeeping and also allows for proper captivity criteria.

So guys please move all your missions to the correct subfolder in \scenarios.

Again this is a P4 feature reelased early.

HTH

WM

Edited by Winder
Brain cell hiccup