Sign in to follow this  
RosieC

Live IL-2 Demo Broadcast THIS Thursday [13/08]

Hey guys,

we've had some very exciting news in regards to IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey ! On Thursday 13th August [thats THIS thursday], from 12.30pm [bST] there will be a LIVE Demo broadcast with the aid of twitter and UStream.

The official press release will give you a few more details..:

On Thursday 13th August, 505 Games, in collaboration with 1C Company, will give fans eagerly awaiting the 4th September release of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey the chance to watch the game being demoed live by members of the team through popular social networking site Twitter via UStream.

The demo session will be hosted by Mark Allen, European Communications Manager for 505 Games, who will guide viewers through a selection of some of the fifty missions available in the game that take place in locations as diverse as Battle of Britain, Stalingrad and the Battle of the Bulge. An exclusive UStream channel (http://www.ustream.tv) has been created to broadcast the demo to attendees who will be able to engage in live chat with other viewers throughout.

A Q&A session will also follow the demonstration to give fans the chance to pose questions to the developers on the inner workings of the title. For anyone who misses the event as it happens, all chat posts, questions and answers will include the hashtag #IL2LiveDemo for easy reference. The demo session will go live from 12:30 on Thursday 13th August. For further updates and details on how to view the live stream please refer to http://twitter.com/IL2BirdsOfPrey

About IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey

Based around large-scale aerial combat over the ground-based military operations of World War II, variety is at the heart of the action in IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Players participate in the most famous confrontations of the era piloting fighters, battle planes or heavy bombers across a range of missions. There are 6 theatres of war in which to engage – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily, the Battle of the Bulge and Korsun – representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.

As well as taking environmental and landscape visuals to new heights by incorporating satellite technology, IL-2 also boasts a tangible damage effects engine. Players will see real-time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dogfights.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will be published by 505 Games in collaboration with 1C Company on 4th September for Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS and PSP. For all the latest information visit the official website at www.il2game.com or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/IL2BirdsOfPrey

--Information courtesy of 505 games

If you have any questions in regard to the LIVE broadcast, or about the game in general, feel free to ask them here, and I will happily answer those questions :)

--RosieC

Playing the demo, I noticed it was hard to control the plane with the gamepad using any flight model other than arcade. The realistic and simulator ones usually resulted in me spinning quite easily which I'm sure is because of the difficulty of using the gamepad precisely.

Does Il-2:BoP fully support other controllers like the Saitek AV8R, which I'm considering getting?

Hey JediMaster,

In answer to your question, the X360 version is infact compatible with Saitek Aviator stick :)

--RosieC

Playing the demo, I noticed it was hard to control the plane with the gamepad using any flight model other than arcade. The realistic and simulator ones usually resulted in me spinning quite easily which I'm sure is because of the difficulty of using the gamepad precisely.

Does Il-2:BoP fully support other controllers like the Saitek AV8R, which I'm considering getting?

Yes, I got the AV8R-02 and have used it with the Demo. It works quite well.

Just keep in mind, like I stated in my other thread, the AV8R-02 doesn't work very well on a PC even though they advertise it that way.

Well, I have my Logitech Wingman 3D Extreme still for the few things that I use a simple stick for (Arma 2 for example) and use my Cougar for the real flying. :wink: