Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Quick missions?

Hello!

I bought the game back when it was released ( OFF ), I enjoyed but I miss something, and thats the customizable quick missions. I have no time to fly campaigns and will like to create things like, take off, fly a patrol over the front and find the enemy, or take off, attack a enemy airfield and get back!

Is that possible? or am I stucked with the campaign and the enemy flying directly over my airbase?

I'm getting this error If I try to fly in Quick Combat:

Error Updating Config Override Settings- File does not exist - Reinstall OFF! C:\Documents and Settings\Jordi\Datos de programa\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\ConfigOverrides.xml

And is true, this file is not there. Can soemone upload his file somewhere so I don't need to do the complete reinstall please?

Thanks Uncleal, will try asap. This happened after I bought a new card

Got it working, the only problem is that only Dogfight missions are possible, I can't program intercepts, or ground attacks... can you confirm If I'm right?

Yes, but you can't fly an entire mission, take off, patrol the front and back, you alwyas find the enemy flying over your head :(

Yes, but you can't fly an entire mission, take off, patrol the front and back, you alwyas find the enemy flying over your head :(

stratos,,,im not good at mission building,,( i think this is what you want to do,,,build your own missions),,,,but if you want to get teamspeak (look at the mp tuturial in the mp sticky section of the forum) and let me know a good day/time,,ill try and hook up with you to give you the basics...

naturally,,you will need a mic....

Stratos,

In "Quick Combat" you have the three choices... "free flight", "Dogfight", and "Turkey Shoot". You can choose the number in your flight, plus the number of the enemy's flight, and their AI level (rookie to veteran). You can always fly over the front in free flight, but I believe there will never be any enemy present, but I don't know if that happens in "dogfight" or "Turkey shoot". If I've selected three enemy in turkey shoot, and made them go to meet their maker, I have flown about for some time messing around with other stuff and not encountered any further enemies. I guess this means that the entire arena consists of the number of aircraft you have requested to fight against.

Do you know that you can "warp" until an enemy is sighted? Or that you can "accelerate time" and "decelerate time"? This will be the ideal situation for you. You can fly to the front lines, and do it quickly, and when you get there, there MAY be enemies to fight, and then "warp" back home.

Stratos S!

I play mostly Quick combat and not campaign -( time etc ).

There is a lot more you can do in QC -It's not just practice. :grin:

First- there are two quick flights. There is the quick flight which UNC

says will bite you ( lol), but the best, IMHO, is the CFS3QC.

Go into workshops and along the bottom towards the left you will see CFS3QC. Click on that and you will see a screen where you can make your choices.

However, there are more choices to come.

Click on "Go to field " and then you will see the Initialising screen , and on the left side of that is a purple rectangle - click on that and you have some more options.

The best to explore is Location. When you click on that you can see lots of options to change the weather, for instance. -Always fly in sunshine if you want to-lol

You can choose differrent regions and places within those regions to fly in.

Try Alsace for instance. In that area there is a good chance that when (if ) you win the dogfight that if you look around ( use labels ) you can find some enemy troops or trucks- then use your remaining ammo on shooting them up- the trucks burn nicely.

Then return to your airfield to land.

Yes, that location button reveals many options and places to try.

HTH

And now of course, there are the quick scenarios to try in the main menu.

cheers