Sign in to follow this  
eccles

Graphic settings

Hello all,

as I wait for my Yap2 disk to arrive have installed SFG and as usual am loving it but would like to know what graphic settings others are using for best results.

Running a Pentium E8400 chip on XP service pack2 and a Geforce 9600GT with Xtreme-G 190.15 drivers also run nHancer.

The game runs very well but I cannot get rid of the jaggies, have been playing around with AA and anisotropic settings but have not hit the sweet spot yet. And to be honest I would rather fly than continually fiddle.

Any help amigos would really help, thanks in advance........................eccles

Shadows and mirrors eat up the most FPS. You could probably max out everything else and still have good FPS if you turn those two options off.

Run your settings globally.

At 1680 x 1050 res, I run: All in-game settings maxed out, with the exception of lens flare (off) and horizon distance (normal). Horizon distance is a far greater FPS killer than shadows and reflections combined.

4X Multimsample AA (Supersampling does nothing but eat FPS in this series)

8X Aniso

Vert Synch=off

TextureFiltering=High Quality

Trilinear Optimization-on

Aniso Sample Optimization=on

Negative LOD BIAS=clamp

Prerender Limit=3 (set it higher, to 4 or 5, if you're averaging below 30 FPS)

Force mip maps=on

System specs = Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.6 gHz, EVGA GTS 250 1024 mb video card, 4 gb RAM.

Thanks for the tips lads, will try your settings Fubar512. Have just re-installed WOE and am off to buy WOI. Still chewing my nails until YAP 2 arrives. Never enough hours in the day is there?

regards...........eccles