Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Things a flight sim shouldnt have

:no: Life as a BE2c pilot has been nice. My pilot Fred Astair and his gunner Ginger has been popping over the lines for 8.5 hours now always taking along a couple of copper bombs to drop. Life has been pleasent except for the last flight having never seen an e/a but always careful they droped the bombs swung around and nosed down gaining speed they sped away at 120 mph just in case the hun blithers were up and hopeing to get back by Tea time. Thinking what a jolly good show, since one bomb did hit a tent .They entered the landing circle droping lower and slowing. appoaching the edge of the airfied

they noticed the trees growing bigger. Full power the engine roared .The kite being a BE2c was slow to respond and kept sinking in the landing approach kicking hard left rudder , just the tip of the aircraft hit the bloody tree at the edge of the airfield. Well, they were down but the BE2C was spread all over the field like starwberry jam a total wreck. Bit of a stickey wicket Wot ? :rofl:

Did you survive it, Carrick?

It is never a good method to chase away the boredom, that comes up through not getting

attacked by enemies, by becoming your own enemy. :lol:

Did you survive it, Carrick?

It is never a good method to chase away the boredom, that comes up through not getting

attacked by enemies, by becoming your own enemy. :lol:

:rofl: I say old Chap, Pip ,Pip , rather, and all that rot. ! Sent to the Hospital for 14 days popin the old leg back in place. Blommin, good medical , Then sent back to the bloody front. Packed me off like a bloody peasent they did. :haha: Carrich58

Yah, great fun. For a challenge, I also started a BE2c campaign recently (full DiD). Only gone about 3 hours so far in Bloody April 1917, so I have a long way to go to catch up to you Carrick. Wow, it is definately a different mind-set, wanting to NOT see any enemy aircraft.

Last mission I looked behind and saw an Albatros sneaking up on my tail near Lens, which scared the crap out of me (I don't use TAC etc so thankfully this realistic experience was not spoiled). The amazing thing is I actually got on the DIII's tail while trying to turn sharply away, and shot him down with my BE2c. What a rush. Now that my pilot thinks he is hot stuff, I will no doubt get him killed in short order. Must remember...run away...run away...

Next time I want a screenshot, please!

Does it have fixed forward gun(s) for the pilot's use, or did the rear gunner kill the Alb?

Does it have fixed forward gun(s) for the pilot's use, or did the rear gunner kill the Alb?

:blink: A Albatross D-3 ? I say, spot on old chap Bloody Marvelous. My computer overheats so I ve never tryed DID. Besides I have a hard time keeping alive in roleplaying a be2c on easy modes. Always remember, Old Boy, England expects all to do his duty. The Old School Tie and all that rot Cheerio. Carrick

Nuts, I knew someone would ask for a picture :shout: . Next time I will have FRAPS running! I would have loved to post a photo.

In a BE2c you have to shoot the enemy yourself with the 'side of the cockpit' mounted Lewis gun. There is no gunner...just an observer in the front cockpit. His head blocks your aim, so he isn't much help. Hopefully he backs up my claim (I was separated from my flight so under witness I put 'my observer' :)

BE2c_vs_Albatros.wmv

Wheee...got another one! Screw 17 hours, I am going for world's first BE2c ace :)

I will try to attach a video.

Edited by 77Scout

:rofl:

BE2c_vs_Albatros.wmv

Wheee...got another one! Screw 17 hours, I am going for world's first BE2c ace :)

I will try to attach a video.

Scout 77

:good: I say, jolly good show. Just Pop over and nip the blithers. However, Beware of the Hun in the Sun Which for some reason u havnt met a good one, We have lost a few good boys Over There and a couple of em had 2 or 3 kills. Rule Britrania ! :haha:

Carrick: ...beware of the Hun in the Sun!

How did zee enemy know my nickname?!? Hmm!

Herr 77Scout, you voult not like to try ziss viss me, mein Herr!

Vee have ein gross fireside in Roucourt castle, and alvays neeed more firewood.

My advisse: don't come near Jasta 1, Jasta 10, Jasta 12, Jasta 28w

You want der Tea to remain in der belly and not spill out ssrough all zose holes?

BE2c_vs_Albatros.wmvWheee...got another one! Screw 17 hours, I am going for world's first BE2c ace :)

Bravo! Salute.gif Impressive blind shooting.

Have you noticed how the observer's head tracks enemy airplanes? That's not only a cool tidbit thrown in by OBD, but it's actually rather helpful at times. good.gif

But Geez, if I was the observer, I'd be leaning WAY over to the right , what with that stream of hot lead going by a few inches from my left shoulder yikes.gif.

Olham: No I wouldn't try this with you...instant death, hah hah! The BE2c only works on rookie AI pilots if and when I can find them flying alone.

Bullethead: I didn't know about the observer's head-tracking. Thanks! Might keep me alive longer.

Smashing wot? Niped over the lines for a bit of dawn patrol took a few coppers (bombs) along. Lined up at 6000ft looking down from the top of My bus (BE2C) when the nose was over the tents let go the coppers Right on, old chap. But not this time, the bloomin bombs hit in the center of the airdome . Bit of a stiff wind today wot? Dirt and muck every where. Do hope they have defauters to clean up the mess. Err next time ell have to drop a bloody shovel. ( they shouldnt have trees and strong winds in flight sims)

Niped over the lines for a bit of dawn patrol took a few coppers (bombs) along.

Having had military discipline beaten into me for years, in my bomber campaigns I've been following orders and thus have mostly been doing boring observation hops. That's not why I joined a Schusta--leave that to the FFA boys.

So, what I'm going to do now is, if the briefed mission doesn't involve bombing, I'm going to take my flight and a load of bombs and do some ground attack work along the front lines. If the boss doesn't like that, he can put me back in the infantry grin.gif .