Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Missing file

Hi There, I Cant get the game to run. I get as far as the duty or briefing rooms then get a pop up stating airfields fail to populate ( I had this pop up for a while and it doesnt seem to hurt the game) I ignor it. Then I get a second pop up window stating Con fig Overrides settings-file does not exist - Reinstall OFF. I should mention that recently , I uploaded the new Nvida drivers for the game that I saw in the forum. Do I need to reinstall OFF with the Super patch or figure out a way to get back the old Nvida drivers ? Thanking you in advance Carrick58

ANY time, you change your Drivers, you change your video card, you do a reinstall. You MUST Run Auto Configure AGAIN.

Start OFF > Go directly to Workshop > clic on white rectangle, that says 'Graphics Config' it's all auto then. Put your hands in your pockets till it tells you it's done. Now you get to check everything again

Thanks, did the config and re set the sliders, But now it seems to be unstable ( Like the 1st time when I got OFF the mscfs3 would not play crashed back to desktop) the screen shows triangles the sooner or later it freezes. Althought I cant remember what sittin duck told me to do, it had something to do with the setup and he spent a few hours on teamspeak pointing out what what files to arrange. Game Files ? (not the cfs3 config) C arrick58 If I can get this patched backup I wont change drivers anymore.

Hi,

cant say i remeber the session you mentioned (maybe you used another name back then?)....but if you cant get straightened out,,,give me a day and time, and ill try and get back on teamspeak with you..

i have ati, and was having tons of problems...outta desperation i dropped ver 9.6,,,and went all the way back to 9.2,,,and the game is playing great..

like al said,,,newest isnt always best..

Hi,

cant say i remeber the session you mentioned (maybe you used another name back then?)....but if you cant get straightened out,,,give me a day and time, and ill try and get back on teamspeak with you..

i have ati, and was having tons of problems...outta desperation i dropped ver 9.6,,,and went all the way back to 9.2,,,and the game is playing great..

like al said,,,newest isnt always best..

Sitting Duck:

Hi there, Wel lit doesnt surprize me that u dont remember, I see in the forum where u are busy all the time. Yes still having problems. I reset the sliders a number of times till all that was left was 1 1 1 1 1 that didnt work. When I get into the game (pass all the screens) all I get is a mix of tri angles cant make out a picture at all if left playing it freezes up where u have to reboot by ctr alt delete or turn off the machine. I did re read the faq and forum thought maybe it was the game graphics but on comparison with the faq chart they look ok. Basicly, it runs like it did befor we talked the 1st time (freezes, crash s ect.) I have been playing the game fine for a while ( exception my low end computer over heats so I only do a few flights then turn it off for awhile and of course the M button (map) during a scramble mission ( Finally learned to just not touch it and everything is fine). As I stated before the only thing I did was download the latest set of Nvida drivers hope ing to get a little better game play. Anytime is fine, I can deicate whatever day or time that is required Thanks Carrick58

got some things i have to do today, and not sure when i will be free, but hopeing it will be around 7edt.

so if thats a good time for you,,,watch this thread,,,,and i will post here when i can get on teamspeak.

meanwhile,,if you have cfs3 intsalled on your computer,,,do me a favor,,and play it a little. would be curious to know how it plays. If it plays fine,,then we can narrow the problem down to a bhah issue,,,,if it plays as bad as bhah,,then it sounds like a system issue.

got some things i have to do today, and not sure when i will be free, but hopeing it will be around 7edt.

so if thats a good time for you,,,watch this thread,,,,and i will post here when i can get on teamspeak.

meanwhile,,if you have cfs3 intsalled on your computer,,,do me a favor,,and play it a little. would be curious to know how it plays. If it plays fine,,then we can narrow the problem down to a bhah issue,,,,if it plays as bad as bhah,,then it sounds like a system issue.

Setting duck:

Na , CFS3 runs like it did before you talked me thru the set up then went on to install and tweek OFF (it freezes then crash back to the desk top). Its as if the system doesnt acknowledge the Game graphics that you have me fill out ( cnfig-custom-window- and a long series of listings about graphics water buffers ect. Any time is cool the 7th is fine or when ever. Thanks Carrick58 P.S. How can u roll back the drivers maybe thats all it needs ?

will be on teamspeak at 7 edt....will look everyso often...so if i dont answer right away,,,give me some time to notice.

will be on teamspeak at 7 edt....will look everyso often...so if i dont answer right away,,,give me some time to notice.

To Night???????

To Night???????

P.S. Dont remember much about Teamspeak is there a code or password Thanks thats about 4 pm california time ?

P.S. Dont remember much about Teamspeak is there a code or password Thanks thats about 4 pm california time ?

Sitin Duck:

Just a note of thanks for fixin up OFF. U guys Rock Thanks. Carrick