Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

How d'ya get rid of the laser light tracers?

I'm generally happy with the in-game effects, but would like to reduce or even delete the laser type light tracers (not the smoke). I also don't like the little hit flashes that you see when your bullets hit the target plane...Totally unrealistic, IMO.

Can anybody tell me which INI file(s) and text lines I need to edit in order to change 'em?

Thanks in advance.

Bucky

Southside Bucky,

two things control this -the most important is setting in Gun Editor, called TracerSize=, specify the lenght of the tracer. Second is the tracer.tga (and unused in FE tracer2.tga, tracer3.tga) that is strethed to the lenght specified in the Gun Editor -by making the round yellow dot smaller, you'll also reduce the lenght of the tracer -see my recent FE effect pack, as it usees this method.

Damn!...I think those steps are out of my comfort zone. TBH, I don't even know where the Gun Editor is.

Thanks for the quick reply though, Stary.

Sorted!...Well, sort of. When you mentioned your Effects pack, I realised you had already done the hard work...All I had to do was place your three 'TRACER.TGA' files into my 'Objects' folder! Soooooooo much better!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Stary!

Any idea how to eliminate those bullet hit flashes?

Would require new object hit effect for all size guns -I'm working on my effects pack update - it will include this effect improved, also without those small orange flashes. I think everyone would agree they are good for jet planes, but not for canvas ones.

(also thinking about adding small amount of debris falling off from planes on impact)

Most excellent!

In the meantime though, is there any way to just disable those hit flashes?

Thanks again for all the great work you're putting into the game. :good:

Regards.

Bucky

Edited by Southside Bucky

If you're using my effect pack, open the file LmgobjecthitEffect.ini,

[EmitterType001]

Name=LmgHitFlashEmitter

EmissionType=SINGLE_PARTICLE

UpdateType=NON_MOVING

MaxVisibleDistance=8000.000000

ParticleUpdateType=NON_MOVING

ParticleRenderType=SPRITE

ParticleRandomOrientation=TRUE

ParticleLifeTime=0.15000 <-change to 0

ParticleLifeTimeDeviation=0.0500000

ParticleColorTableType=TABLE

ParticleColor[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleColor[01].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.400000

ParticleColor[02].Time=0.500000

ParticleColor[02].Value=0.800000,0.800000,0.800000,0.300000

ParticleColor[03].Time=0.800000

ParticleColor[03].Value=0.500000,0.500000,0.500000,0.200000

ParticleColor[04].Time=1.000000

ParticleColor[04].Value=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000

ParticleSizeTableType=TABLE

ParticleSize[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleSize[01].Value=0.2

ParticleSize[02].Time=0.250000

ParticleSize[02].Value=0.07

ParticleSize[03].Time=1.000000

ParticleSize[03].Value=0.00000

BaseSizeDeviation=0.1

TextureMaterial=ExplosionParticleMaterial

and save file

There's an effects package, pretty sure its Laton's, that changes the flashes into puffs of smoke. Very nice effect.

Hi again Stary.

Thanks very much for your time 'n trouble helping me out with all this. :yes:

I have to admit that I'm not using your full Effects pack...Like I said at the top there, I'm kinda pleased with how my game looks in the pyrotechnics dept ATM. I think I have Laton's 2nd pack installed.

But now, using your 'TRACER.TGA's' and your amended 'LmgobjecthitEffect.ini' (I also set the 'MaxVisibleDistance' line to zero) I have it exactly how I want it...Well I thought I did till Tailspin mentioned the 'smoke hit' effect! :blink: (Thanks for the heads up TS.)

S'pose I'll have to check that out now...My guess is it must be in Laton's 3rd?

Testing changes is just as much fun as the actual gameplay innit?

Thanks again.

Bucky

Actually, it isn't. specially when something's seriously screwed up after two parameters change :grin:

Yeah man...I don't know how you serious modders do it, TBH. All those endless, seemingly random numbers, and the case sensitive lines of text, where one letter or full stop outta place and... :shout:

One more thing, if you wouldn't mind...I'd also like to use your observation balloon large explosion effect. Is there a way to use it on its own?

Sorry to be such a pain in the jacksy

Bucky

Bucky, I'm pretty sure the baloon fire effect can be attached to whatever you want to. I'll have the updated pack up in few hours I think

Hi again Stary.

So if I wanted to use just your balloon explosion effect, which files do I need to use?

In Laton's effect pack there's an INI file called 'BalloonFireEffect', but I don't see that in your pack.

It's in the update 1 file I posted yesterday:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/46482-first-eagles-effects-pack-update-1/

If you want the burning balloon effect to be attached to other object (zeppellin..?) open your object _data.ini, and for that particular object change the

DestroyedEffect= (something here)

to

DestroyedEffect=BalloonFireEffect

BUT it will work OK ONLY for objects that fly high in air (that's the way this effect is made!)