Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Ep-3 Aires Landing At Nas Agana, Guam

I found this picture today, while searching through pictures/info about NAS Agana, Guam.

I was with VQ-1 from 1993-1997, until I retired. The first ten months I spent with the squadron was on Guam. VQ-1 was the squadron who had an aircraft and crew taken hostage by the Chinese, when they forced the aircraft to land after colliding with one of their fighter aircraft.

It was the best ten months of my life. Outstanding beaches, cheap beer, and great parties.

Also ran a few cross-country runs with the local HHH chapter. Anyone out there know what that stands for?

Navy Chief

I don't know what HHH chapel is.

It sounds like fun there. Cheap beer (I don't drink beer, but most people likes beer). Beaches and parties, that is great. I can imagine that you have a great time.

But about that crew that was captured, are they still in the navy?

Salute

Dutchy

Hash House Harriers

You are quite correct, Buff!

And, for the record, the "Hash" part of HHH has NOTHING to do with drugs.

It is a world wide group that labels themselves, "A Drinking Club With A Running Problem".

I don't drink anymore, but if I did, I would be looking to join a local HHH club. Nothing but fun! And MORE fun! GREAT times!

Go read up on them at:

http://www.gthhh.com/

Have a great Navy Day.

Navy Chief