Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

Two advices, please!

-First advice: I have made some changes in the .ini files (changing the power of the engines and the weights and adding some armor) of the F-84G and the F9F-5 to make something close to the more underpowered F-84E and F9F-2, both of them more extensively used in Korea. They are new birds, but they use the lods, skins, etc of the previous aircraft (in fact I use the F-84 B/C lod for my F-84E). Is anyone interested in these birds? If so, where I must upload them, as a new aircraft or as a .ini edit?

-Second advice: I'm thinking about making a new campaign for my NATO fighters install. It's gonna be an early campaign circa 1952 or 1953 (war starting because an excalation in the Korea war or something like that). I need information about planes available for NATO countries in Germany at the time. The soviets are easier (I think). A mix of MiG-15 and MiG-15bis, IL-28s. some La-15, some MiG-9, a Yak-15 squadron (for fun) and maybe one MiG-17 squadron. What do you think?

In order to release your work, I'll first check who did the original mod you base your work on, and ask if they agree

then for NATO units, in 1952/3, several countries used the F-86 (Germany, Spain, Italy, Norway, Greece, Turkey..although not sure about service entry year for each country)

The Hawker Hunter was used in the RAF, KLU (Dutch air Force) BAF (Belgian air Force), SAf (Swedish, Swiss air forces)

F-84E and G were available in Belgium, France (along Dassault Mystere IV)

Meteor (especially the NF models) were still available in RAF, KLU, Belgium, France

This need further search for more detailled info

84E's all had the reinforced canopy. In fact, any B/C/D remainig in AF or ANG service had it retrofitted (source: Schiffer "F-84 Thunderjet")

I'd upload them in the "New Aircraft, Cold War" section.

F9F was by pasko

F-84B/C by russo, skins and other stuff by me (go for it! I have templates for the T-jet, if needed )

Like the 'early cold war gone hot' scenairo (I have an install that 1947-48 centric) -- isn't 53 a bit early for MiG-17? or was the Fresco-A out by then?? (can't remember!)

Definately some Sabres, Shooting Stars, some late mark Spits might still be in service, Meteor, Vampire.

Don't forget the Meteors are permission items (and I never finished the NFs either!! a 13 for the IAF and an RAF version I can't find!!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Well, I have photos in some books of Es having both canopy types. I supposed that early blocks of E had the old type and then retrofitted, so is more correct to use the G Lods. I was planning not to release the whole plane, only the INI tweaks, and, of course, giving credit to the original creators. Do you think it's OK, or I must await for permission?

On the other hand, the first production MiG-17 came out in 1952, and in July 1953 shooted down a RB-50 near Vladivostok. First MiG-17F came operational in 1953, but I was planning to use the A only (because I suppose the F not truely tested for widespread service)

I'm trying too to keep out the propellers, to avoid issues with the last game patch (series 1). I know there are some FM tweaks available, but I think it's too much work for users.

Until now I have this:

-EEUU: F-80C, F-84G, F-86F-30 and F-30FB, maybe some F-94...

-UK: Meteor F8, Vampire, maybe Canadair Sabre, Canberra, Venom???

-Denmark: F-84G, Meteor

-Norway: F-84G

-France: F-84G, Ouragan, Vampire

-Netherlands: Meteor, F-84G

-Belgium:Meteor?

-Canada: Vampire, Sabre

-URSS: MiG-15, MiG-15bis, MiG-17, MiG-9, Yak-15, La-15, IL-28

I think it can be very funny to be NATO and being outnumbered and outperformed (excepting Sabres). I'm also curious about the aircraft roles. Would planes as Thunderjets, Ouragans, Vampires and Meteors being used only as air to ground, or also as air to air (giving the lack of Sabres in most nations)?