Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Escape from Stalag Luft 113

Ah, yes! Ripping Yarns. Easily the wittiest, most hilariously funny bit of writing by a single Python. My all-time fave being "Roger of the Raj", in which Roger is raised in opulent luxury, (17-course breakfasts), Dad thinks the servants are still serfs, Mum bags an occasional ghillie with her grouse, and Roger just wants to become a tradesman and open a hardware store. And God help anyone who passes the sherry in the wrong direction. I think a testament to their greatness is in the continued price of the CD's. They've always been just about double whatever I thought I could afford at the time. Think I'll ring up Amazon and have another go at it. Thanks for jogging the memory Simon.

Bingo! Just back from amazon.com. New copies, boxed set, $35.99 new, $21.00 used. (and I always go for the used!) Life is good.

Edited by Hauksbee

haha...great stuff Hauksbee...a good buy at that price methinks

Too funny - I've always fancied myself as a Monty Python fan but I've never seen these.

Love it when he tries to escape from the new camp and his own countryman tears the gun away from the guard and shoots him!

I've never seen this one, absolutely hilarious! Those guys were the masters of British humour, no doubt about it. :lol:

Love it when he tries to escape from the new camp and his own countryman tears the gun away from the guard and shoots him!

...and after a lifetime of passionate, but failed, attempts, he dies, is buried, and later found to have tunneled out of his coffin, all the way across the graveyard, only to be blocked by the cemetary wall.