Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

FE HDR Test part 2

I think I got the handle of the problem of the terrain being too bright and too dark when turning or turning the pilot's head in the cockpit. Here are the latest screenshots. Oh by the way, to use the mod effectively, you got use the high/unlimited settings. I found that out when one of my testers for the SF2 ATI mod pointed that he gain framerates when setting the highest graphics in the graphics menu. So if your cpu/card don't have the muscle to play the sim on its highest graphic settings, it may or may not choke on your system. A fair warning thats all.

Spad 13

post-5131-12527025581787_thumb.jpg

post-5131-12527026546809_thumb.jpg

post-5131-12527026883194_thumb.jpg

post-5131-12527027594276_thumb.jpg

Altbratos D3 OAW

post-5131-12527028556553_thumb.jpg

post-5131-1252702907207_thumb.jpg

Camel

post-5131-12527029901878_thumb.jpg

post-5131-12527030301041_thumb.jpg

Fokker DR1

post-5131-12527030761076_thumb.jpg

post-5131-12527031201977_thumb.jpg

Fokker D7F

post-5131-12527032359517_thumb.jpg

SE5A Kill

post-5131-12527032884711_thumb.jpg

If you guys like the look I'll upload a Beta on here.

Falcon

From the lack of response, I say you guys don't like the look. Back to the blackboard I guess...

Falcon

From the lack of response, I say you guys don't like the look. Back to the blackboard I guess...

Falcon

Easy mate. I did not saw this Threat untill now. After first look imo it looks a liitle bit dark again but this could be affected by the screeny. I would take a look on your release as i did on the first release.

I found this today :

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=8214

Is this something simular to your work?

Best regards from a gratefull user. :good:

Easy mate. I did not saw this Threat untill now. After first look imo it looks a liitle bit dark again but this could be affected by the screeny. I would take a look on your release as i did on the first release.

I found this today :

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=8214

Best regards from a gratefull user. :good:

The "darkness" is a effect in my mod. It simulates the positioning of the sun. My first attempt caused the whole game world to be darken. I had made a small discovery in the ini file to try to make a FE HDR mod again. IMHO it looks great, like in my SF2 mods. You should look at my SF2 HDR threads in the mods section of SF/SF2 discussion area, think most of you guys don't understand what I am trying to do in FE with this mod.

Anyrate, I'll upload it here...

First Eagles HDR Mod .99A.7z

Falcon

Looks nice, for my taste a little bit dark but far better than first try. I found this with some viewingangels:

Normal:

img00003h.jpg

Unnormal:

img00002t.jpg

Best regards :drinks:

• Like 1

Looks nice, for my taste a little bit dark but far better than first try. I found this with some viewingangels:

Best regards :drinks:

Could you tell me your computer specs and your game graphics settings please? Thank you.

Falcon

Could you tell me your computer specs and your game graphics settings please? Thank you.

Falcon

Pentium 4 3,0 Ghz

2 Gb RAM

Nvida Geforce 7800 GS 256mb

Direct X 9c

Win XP SP1

Graphic settigs unlimeted

Best regards :salute:

I found this today :

http://forum.combata...s&showfile=8214

Best regards from a gratefull user. good.gif

Yes it is. It's basically the same file which ini has been tweaked by FalconAF.

@FalconAF: I don't want to be mean, seriously, but the mod has been copyrighted by Boris Voronstsov, as i said in my readme, all thanks, license and distribution rights comes to him.

You cannot appropriate yourself registered work because you tweaked the ini. It's still HIS mod.

This is my second attempt of ......

Falcon

DISCLAIMERS: This mod isn't for payware w/o my permission.

From your readme: First you don't thank nor name the original creator, Boris Vorontsov. Second you HAVN'T the right to say about your permission on paying a work that isn't yours. The only permission to ask is to Boris Vorontsov.

Please without offense, respect copyright properties and intellectual work.

Regards.

P.S: here is the original Boris Vorontsov license file i provided in my mod and his terms:

license_en.txt

Edited by nixarass

Yes it is. It's basically the same file which ini has been tweaked by FalconAF.

@FalconAF: I don't want to be mean, seriously, but the mod has been copyrighted by Boris Voronstsov, as i said in my readme, all thanks, license and distribution rights comes to him.

You cannot appropriate yourself registered work because you tweaked the ini. It's still HIS mod.

From your readme: First you don't thank nor name the original creator, Boris Vorontsov. Second you HAVN'T the right to say about your permission on paying a work that isn't yours. The only permission to ask is to Boris Vorontsov.

Please without offense, respect copyright properties and intellectual work.

Regards.

P.S: here is the original Boris Vorontsov license file i provided in my mod and his terms:

Excuse me but I DID THANK HIM IN MY FIRST HDR MOD 1.00 for SF2. And I didn't use your files. I d/led the MS Flight sim files from CA thread. I tweaked those files not yours. I signed the CA agreement of freeware mods too so basically dude those tweaked files are MINE.

I feel very unappreciated here in this subforum. And dude, the permission is for if I wanted to make money from Boris' work which I won't want to.

Falcon

The lack of responce may be because the vast majority of users here probably use XP versus Vista (like me and have absolutly no desire to ever own Vista either). As a result, since your mod is for Vista users, people are not interested.

The people that use Vista are the SF2 series people and there your mod would be much more appreciated.

Edited by Panama Red

Right PR- I will use Vista on the machine in the prison library if I am ever incarcerated.

XP now maybe 7.

Anyone who works to improve FE is welcome.:salute:

The lack of responce may be because the vast majority of users here probably use XP versus Vista (like me and have absolutly no desire to ever own Vista either). As a result, since your mod is for Vista users, people are not interested.

The people that use Vista are the SF2 series people and there your mod would be much more appreciated.

Well then if that's the case... the FE HDR mod is now canned. Why work on it if people aren't interested.

Falcon