Sign in to follow this  
Ras

A New Skin for Sopwith Tripe?

Unless I missed it, I haven't found any new skins for the Sopwith Tripe, which is the favorite among many of us. Though they may not be as colorful as the Hun aircfraft, if there is something I/we could fly the Tripe in with some brilliant colors, it would be appreciated. Nothing nicer than to look outside and see the sun reflecting off a brilliant green or blue, or black , or ANYTHING but a drab green or brown. Thanks for your consideration

Ras, I'm in the middle of painting a blue one that I should have done this weekend, and while it is not an authentic scheme, it will have a nice period feel. I will post it when I have it ready. I am also betting that some of our OFF aircraft artisans are working on one or two as well. smile.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Strangely enough, I have one in my paint shed too Ras...So me and Lou will have two for you at least soon :good:

That sounds great Lou, and WM. Even though its not realism, I need some color in my life. bye.gif

That sounds great Lou, and WM. Even though its not realism, I need some color in my life. bye.gif

hahaha...don't we all Ras?..... don't we all!

Ras me man,i've started messing around with the tripe can't do any more yet but i will as soon as poss.

Looking good there Red....But mine has red and white stripes too!...oh well, back to the drawing board! (is blue and white ok Ras?..hahahahaha)

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

While it's true that Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen's flying Circus was full of colourful aircraft, the Brits did have a few that were personalized, as McCudden talks about some SE5's that were done up, and some of the RNAS craft too were done up a bit, although none as much as the Germans.

Cheers,

British_eh

I just got back home from another business trip and am catching up on things around here before grabbing a bit of kip. That's a good-looking plane Red-Dog, it will make a very nice addition to what few Tripe skins we currently have. Here is the one I've been working on for a while, when time allows:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I hope to have it finished this weekend, however I am still playing around with different graphics on the side and have adjustments to make here and there to colors, and weathering and such.

Cheers!

Lou

You skinners are all true artists. I'll have to start new pilots for each one!! That will be a real joy. Looking fine!! Thanks a lot

Ras, and all, I have finished up the Tripe I was working on, and here are a couple of screenies to show it off.

I have added this skin to our downloads page, but if you wish to grab it right away and give it a go, here is a direct link:

1917 RNAS Tripe "Where's the Bratwurst?"

Let me know what you think and if there is anything than needs tweaking. Enjoy.

Cheers!

Lou

You really do fine work Lou, she goes nicely in my hangar. I will kick the tires and light her fires later today. Thanks!