Sign in to follow this  
Planejunky

Starfighter cockpit problem

I just installed Ajunaidr's F-104 into SF2E and have found that the cockpit no longer appears. Has anyone else found this, and if so how did you fix it please?

Cheers :salute:

That is because it uses the default cockpit that you get with the F-104G add on from the first gen series. The SF2:E series does not have the pit.

Easy fix, if you have one of the TOS games (SF/WoE).

Extract all the items on the parts list below from the Objects.cat:

f104radar.bmp

F-104_ATTITUDE.BMP

F-104_GAU1.BMP

F-104_GAU2.BMP

F-104_GAU3.BMP

F-104_GAU4.BMP

F-104_GAU5.BMP

F-104_GAU6.BMP

F-104_PIT1.BMP

F-104_PIT2.BMP

F-104_PIT3.BMP

F-104_RADARMODE.TGA

F-104_WARN.TGA

F-104G_COCKPIT.LOD

F-104G_RANGEBAR.TGA

F-104G_ROLLTABS.TGA

F-104G_SIGHT.TGA

F-104REFLEC1.TGA

F-104REFLEC2.TGA

HUDGLASS.TGA

HUDGLASSTOP.TGA

HUDGLASS.TGA

HUDREFLECTION.TGA

Also, don't forget the

F-104_AVIONICS.INI and

F-104_COCKPIT.INI

(as some changes happened in either the 06 or 08 patch; made some gauges that didn't work, to work now)

place them in the a /Cockpit folder in the 104G, then copy/paste that folder into Ajundair's in your NextGen install. Move to 2 ini UP into the main folder, where the data ini and hangarscreen and other stuff resides. Edit the main ini if necessary to match the names, and there ya go

wrench

kevin stein

Many thanks for that Mr Wrench. I've just completed the list, and now mysteriously the aircraft fails to show in the list for some reason! :dntknw: I've checked the .ini names and they all match up ok.

Edited by Planejunky

Many thanks for that Mr Wrench. I've just completed the list, and now mysteriously the aircraft fails to show in the list for some reason! :dntknw: I've checked the .ini names and they all match up ok.

Ok I have the aircraft appearing again, however I'm still no further forward in getting the pit to appear. The only thing I'm seeing is the pipper.

Can you post the top section of the main ini? (F-104G.ini)

Below is from mine, mind you I've diferentiated it from the STOCK 3W version, in both the folder and main ini name, so on the drop-down, you'd see F-104G and F-104G (AJ)

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=F-104G Starfighter (AJ)

AircraftDataFile=F104G_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F104G_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F104G_hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=F104G_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=F104G_loadout.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F104G_avionics.ini

This is from my 08 WoE. But I know the cockpits work, as I've 'activated' all the Zippers in my Triple Merged ™ SF2 install.

wrench

kevin stein

No worries mate, I've got it sorted. I missed the cockpit LOD file, that's what happens when you mess around with the sim when you're tired! :boredom::grin:

Cheers for ther help in locating the correct files for me. :salute:

Edited by Planejunky

Glad it works now!

btw, that parts list is from 2004 -- we had the very same 'issue' when WoV was first released, and the Zipper was conspiciously missing from the game. It's from the "wov_starfighter_import_list.txt", that some folks assembled to tell what items were needed to get the F-104G back into WoV (later on, TK re-released it as a stand-alone add on)

wrench

kevin stein