Sign in to follow this  
jetdriver

4.09m patch soon available

Quite honestly, I doubt it ever will. With the number of planes modeled that are currently not available elsewhere, and the unlikelihood that we'll ever get successor sims to model them all, I don't see myself ever dumping it unless (until) it gets so dated that I feel like I'm just unable to cope with it anymore.

That said, I've been playing Dark Forces on Steam from 1995 and that game just looks AWFUL now...but it's still fun. :grin:

LOL Dark Forces! I'll always remember being surprised slipping on the ice to a falling death.

That said, I agree that il2's strong point has always been (and will be for a long time) the incredible number of high quality 'official' flyable plane models.

That combined with teams of devoted modders, having to get approval from Maddox for each change, keeps the quality of the constantly patched/updated/expanded game to a high level.

Hopefully the next Maddox sim (Storm of War, right?) will follow those guidelines and become a true successor to il2.

Edited by jetdriver

Yes, Battle of Britain is the first title in the SoW series. That means there won't be nearly that many different models of planes to fly in it compared to Il-2, but with time they plan to expand on it. Of course, depending on how much time they take that engine could be obsolete long before they get even half as many planes as Il-2 has.

The patch is out! More flyable planes!! See the 1C forums for download mirrors.

With modding well underway, they realized they couldn't hold out on people dangling them along with a carrot on a string anymore and just released stuff they'd never planned to.